cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail on Blackberry

Blahzay
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm wondering if Visual Voicemail for Blackberry is a feature that might be available in the future.  Bell currently offers it to their customers, as does AT&T in the States.

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Visual Voicemail on Blackberry

RogersJean
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi ablatt,

The reason being when you sign up for Voicemail to Text, the text message you receive containing the voicemail is and replaces the indicator.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

ne14t
I Plan to Stick Around

If your talking about recieving your voicemails like a email or text message you can already get that through Rogers, on my Blackberry account I have it and its called SpinVox I believe it takes my voicemail and sends it to me as a text message very nifty little feature; however it sometimes gets words wrong!

Rwatch
I Plan to Stick Around
ne15t is talking about VoicemailToText; see:
http://rogers.com/VoicemailToText

It's expensive too - you need enhanced voicemail ($8/mo) then ADD ON $6/mo for this service.

Of note, this feature does speech-to-text translation and is the reason ne14t observes that it 'gets' words wrong. Forced to guess I'd speculate that it'll get 20% of words wrong.

Also know that this translation is done by servers not located in Canada (privacy concerns, anyone?)

And this service differs from the OP's sought VisualVoicemail:
http://rogers.com/VisualVoicemail
in that you don't get the original audio recording to listen to on your device (though the user can always dial in to listen to the message ... but that kind of defeats the purpose of having the message 'delivered' to the user's device.)

To the OP's query, I'm not aware of any intention of Rog offering VV for BB's anytime soon - FWIW they call the service "Visual Voicemail <b>for iPhone</b>".

Cool_Breeze
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Does have Visual Voicemail for Iphone but not Blackberry. Spinvox isnt really "Visual Voicemail" is completely something else.

Visual voicemail for iPhone lets you see a list of your messages and choose which ones to listen to or delete, without having to dial in to listen to prior messages or voice instructions. The Phone button on the Home screen of your iPhone shows the total number of missed calls and unheard voicemail messages you have.

How Voicemail to Text works:

1. A caller leaves you a voicemail.
  2. The message is converted to text and delivered to your text message inbox.
  3. You can return the call with one-click or reply by text message. 

As you can see Spinvox ( Voicemail to Text) is different than Visual Voicemail

Blahzay
I Plan to Stick Around

I actually already have SpinVox, so I am quite familiar with it.

I was inquiring about Visual Voicemail for Blackberry.  In the past, Rogers has seemed quite invested in bringing new features to customers (Name Display, TalkSpot, WhoCalled come to mind) so I was wondering why they haven't implemented visual voicemail for Blackberry, especially since Bell did.

worktoomuch
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers has "Voice to Text", have an online account?, can add it to your plan yourself.  If no account give them a call.

Caramel03
I've Been Here Awhile

The new BlackBerry Torch comes with OS 6.0 that now has Visual Voicemail!

So I think its the OS 6 that now offers it for BB. Try upgrading if possible.

Hello caramel03,

We currently do not have visual voicemail available for our Blackberrys. If I hear any updates in regard to this I will post it here and let you know. 

bluebrew
I've Been Here Awhile

It's supported on the BB Torch

ablatt
I Plan to Stick Around

Why is it that the voicemail notification icon (the little figure 8 or cassette) doesn't work at all when voicemail to text is enabled?

I can get 10 voicemails, all will be recorded and converted to text and sent to me, but if I delete the messages that contain the voicemail texts, the voicemails still remain on the the Rogers voicemail without any notification.  They then have to be deleted by calling voicemail and deleting each one.

RogersJean
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi ablatt,

The reason being when you sign up for Voicemail to Text, the text message you receive containing the voicemail is and replaces the indicator.

ablatt
I Plan to Stick Around

I understand, but it is annoying and should be fixed by Rogers since voice mails will accumulate on the server until they are deleted there.

With people receiving voicemail texts, they will forget that the actual voicemails still exist and need to be cleared out otherwise the mailbox will fill up.

RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks RogersJean.

@ablatt

I will be sure to pass along your suggestions.

You can also send an email to forumsupport@rci.rogers.com.

Cheers

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 in conversation