Visual Voice Mail on Rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Visual Voice Mail on Rogers

That is the reason why i stopped using VVM on my Xperia S & Galaxy Nexus.
Rogers has the notifications set to high & honestly it started ticking me off when i get notifications every minute or so. They need to reprogram it & fix the issue ASAP.

housenuts
I'm Here A Lot

how do you uninstall the updates?

housenuts
I'm Here A Lot

figured it out. just getting rid of this crap program. i pay for VVM but i'd rather just turn it off than keep getting the notifications.

billy
I Plan to Stick Around

If you have VVM as part of a value pack you can call in and get the MMS version and this should stop the notifications since the VVM app is not needed for it to work, only device MMS capabilities. Right now there are 4 version of VVM IOS, Android, BB and MMS. The IOS version is the standard one all iphones use. The BB and Android version require the VVM app and shows the annoying notification when connected to Wifi. The MMS will send you a sound clip and transcription of the message without needing the app. 

DiamondX
I've Been Around

I have been receiving these VVM notifications over the last few days on my Galaxy S3 as well with it complaining about me being connected to WiFi and VVM not supporting it. It is beyond annoying constantly being pummeled by this notifications simply because I am at home and connected to my WiFi network. This didn't happen until I installed a recent update it would seem. I can't find any way to disable the notifications from this app though... very poorly thought out.

Rarely_Here
I've Been Here Awhile

Did you just call Customer Service and asked for technical support?  And they sent you the MMS version electronically? 

Chuckee
I Plan to Stick Around

No. I just called tech support and the tech had no idea what I was talking about. She went on to tell me that the VVM Plus app comes from Google and to complain to Google. There have been multiple updates to the app to make it compatible with more devices. Why can't they disable this notification feature?!?!? Rogers should read the reviews. Most of them complain about the chronic notifications.
Can someone from Rogers chime in here? If it's not Rogers'app, then just let us know. As customers, we can complain to the party responsible.

Having said all of the above, the app is very good in it's core function. I really enjoy using it for it's main purpose.
clockwork58
I Plan to Stick Around

My Bro in Law hated this on his S3.

I rooted his phone and deleted the app. It's crap and annoying.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I just unistalled the updates & not using the app. I hate the notifications. IS Rogers ever going to listen & take them down...
MMacDonald
I've Been Around

Yes, Rogers needs to fix this app and the My Account apps at the very least.  Being forced to use their network is annoying.  When I'm at home I always use my wifi.  It's better, faster, and doesn't use up data on my plan.  I don't know if having Rogers at home would make a difference, but here in Quebec that's not even an option.  Not to mention that I tend to connect to external wifi a lot.  It's tremendously annoying, because I *do* like these apps.  They are really nice, and I would really like to be able to use them as opposed to being annoyed by them all the time.