Very slow to access some website in China

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Very slow to access some website in China

Recently, It is very very slow to access some website in China, such as

pan.baidu.com

www.weibo.com

www. taobao.com

Everything is fine in Jan. but now it is very very slow, and always keeping loading and never finish..

It seems only happens in Rogers network , even my mobile network (Windmobile) is much faster than my cable network.

Is there anything wrong.   

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Very slow to access some website in China

Unfortunately, this is a user to user forum.. so your not going to likely get an answer from rogers here.

My first thought, was a ROUTING issue.. but i just tested on my home connection, and it WORKS.
now.. i am using the GOOGLE DNS, and not the rogers there.. so next test.. i will flip to the rogers DNS servers.

Fliped to the rogers DNS.. first site,didnt load initially.  The 2nd two did.  Went and tried the first one again, it eventually went, allthough slow.

So my guess, most likely.. would be problems with Rogers DNS server entries for it, etc.
Might be a good idea, to try using an alternative DNS server.

I've Been Around

I have the same problem. and it is still very slow....

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As mentioned above.. alot can depend on the ROUTE it takes.. (through where/which countries, etc).
if there is a hickup at anywhere along the way, that can effect speed/access.

Testing from both a Rogers AND Bell internet connection, it takes about 16-18 hops to get to the destination.
(for 202.97.53.81, pan.baidu.com)

With that, there is a bunch of TIMEOUTS around the 202.x.x.x to 180.x.x.x IP range.
All of these reside in CHINA itself... so its likely something up on the CHINA end which is causing some issues.