Very slow internet speeds (CGN3)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersMoin

Re: Very slow internet speeds (CGN3)

Hello, @Rockerboy007

I’d like to help. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

Thank you for understanding.

RogersMoin

Rockerboy007
I'm Here A Lot

But the problem is my internet is so slow that the community forum is barely loading.. I'll still give it a shot. Thank you for your reply.  

Rockerboy007
I'm Here A Lot

FINAL UPDATE:

The link from the PM expired before I could use it. But I don't think it would be any help anyways because 2 technicians already came to my house and I already talked to like 10 tech support persons.

I moved to Bell last week because the issue could not be fixed. I have only 15mbps now with unlimited usage and paying the same amount. With Rogers I was getting 150mbps and unlimited usage. Price wise Rogers has a better deal but atleast Bell's internet is working.

I wish things worked out but unfortunately it didn't. Thanks for all the replies. 

ahsansyed
I've Been Around

I switched from Bell 50 mb/s connect to rogers 250 mb/s connection. I have both active connections at home right now. I have done speedtest multiple times from computer with wired connection and 90% of time bell connection is giving me faster speed. Can anyone explain why this is?

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are a couple of items that can drastically reduce the data rates.  The first is improper signal levels at the modem, the second is a problem with the neighborhood node that the modem is connected to.  Can you.

1.  Log into the modem and navigate to STATUS ..... DOCSIS WAN page, copy the downstream and upstream tables and paste them

into this thread.  You can copy the text contents from the tables and paste them it instead of having to paste in an image, makes

it a little easier.  If there is a signal level issue, it will show up in those tables.

2.  Consider downloading the freebie version of pingplotter and run a test session out to a server such as google.ca   That will show

if there is a problem with the first hop from the modem.  The application can copy a graphic or text result to the clipboard and

from there you can paste it wherever you want.  Right click on the graphics area to bring up some of the display options.

www.pingplotter.com

3.  You could also use WinMTR, which is a text version.  Same idea, it allows your capture ping data from your modem to the end server.  This is also a freebie.

http://winmtr.net/

Are you in a house or apartment, condo, highrise, etc, which can make a difference in whether the modem connects to a neighborhood node or building MDU (Multi Dwelling Unit)?

When you run a speedtest, can you use either http://speedcheck.rogers.com/en.html or the www.speedtest.net Toronto Telus server.  They are fast enough that they will test the modem to its assigned speeds and beyond.  With the 250/20 service, with Rogers speedboost kicking in you should be seeing about 300 Mb/s down, 21 - 22 Mb/s up.  We run 250/20 and see 328/22 as max speeds on speedtests.

celticfan01
I've Been Around

brutal im having same  headache  at one point today i was  below 1,0  in both download and upload  much better  now  this evening download is 2.71  upload 8.87 and i cancelled  bell for  having much better services im an idiot  its the worst week i also have 2 phone lines now as they forgot  to port my existing number with bell basically no internet since put in home got told by a support lady onl;ine that  im taking btoo long typing and she closed  the chat pleaseeeeeeeeeeee  bell come  home

nurbs25
I've Been Around

RE: IGNITE 150u almost to a stand still

My internet connection is completely almost dead. I'm getting 1.5-7Mbps on a 150Mbps connection and it's really starting to frustrate me. Had a tech come out and said that everything was fine and it seems worse now. Nothing was changed settings wise or any new connections added, so I am wondering if this is an outside issue as there is new construction going on with new town condo's going up. Have another tech coming this Friday as I was told by support that they will send a more experienced person. I have the Hitron CGNM3552, CGN3ACR or CGN3

RogersTony

Hello @nurbs25,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Having fast Internet speeds is important these days so I can't help but cringe at the thought of those speeds you are getting. It is reminiscent of dial-up days. =(

It sounds like they've arranged for a Senior Tech to investigate this for you. They can spend extra time and follow up with you afterward to ensure this matter is resolved.

Let the Community know how things go with the Tech on Friday! 

RogersTony