cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow internet in Mississauga Meadowvale

tycorpart
I've Been Around

Anyone else having insanely slow download speeds in the Meadowvale area? Is there some kind of outage? By insanely slow I mean less than 50k a sec. Rebooting doesnt help either.

***edited labels***

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Very slow internet in Mississauga Meadowvale

Wufdog
I've Been Around

Im in toronto, I have extreme which claims 24mbps dl speed, I just ran a speed test and im dl at 1.48mbps.   Cant connect to game and it is making me want to find another service 

bryans05
I Plan to Stick Around

I am in downtown Toronto using express and speeds at night are below 1 Mbps regularly.  It has been like this for a couple of months now. Up until these recent issues it was always fast all the time, day or night. Not very happy right now.

Speedy1701
I'm a Reliable Contributor
I live in the Meadowvale area and I've noticed the internet service has drastically slowed down since Sunday night (Nov. 13)

krepalis
I've Been Around

In tne last week I am also experiencing extremely slow internet speeds. I have the extreme package and my download speed does not exceed the 0.5 Mbps!!!

Is there a technical reason behind the sudden slow-down?

Zeb
I've Been Around

I am in downtown Toronto as well, and recently upgraded from Internet express to Extreme. What a mistake ! Now my connection seems like a dial-up and extremely slow, to the point I just wanna throw everything out of the window. What is wrong? why would Extreme be slower than dialup, let alone the express I had. I am really frustrated. Any ideas, help !  I would like to update to ultimate but am afraid that will ulimately slow for some reason:-)

spiboy1
I Plan to Stick Around

zeb I went from  Extreme to Extreme plus ( i needed the bandwidth) and  my download speed dropped for ! 21 to 12-13 LOL instead of going up to 30 Ish

tpb3000
I Plan to Stick Around

THIS APPLIES TO EVERYONE WITH  THE NEW SMC ROUTER/MODEM COMBO. THEY ARE ABSOLUTE GARBAGE THATS THE REASON YOU GET 1MBPS AT NIGHT. This is what i recomend Get a Linksys or Dlink wirless G or N routers and hook them up to the SMC Gateway . you will notice a big preformance difference. I had this issue until 2 minutes ago when i installed my old linksys Wifi G router and now im getting 20MBPS on Express. ITS THE CRAPPY SMC ROUTER.

tpb3000
I Plan to Stick Around
ITS THE CRAPPY SMC ROUTER. BUY A LINKSYS WIRELESS N OR G AND HOOK IT UP TO SMC VIA CABLE. THEN DISABLE WIRELESS ON THE SMC SO IT BECOMES JUST A MODEM. WORKED FOR ME

tpb3000
I Plan to Stick Around

I CHANGED IT AND IT WORKS 20MBPS ON EXPRESS

tpb3000
I Plan to Stick Around

IM GETTING 20MBPS ON EXPRESS STUPID SMC

jor1948
I've Been Around

Yes Rogers internet is very slow in SQ1/Webb area, before was an excellent provider. Lately is getting slower.

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 in conversation