Very impressed, called for hardware upgrade, got a better plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Very impressed, called for hardware upgrade, got a better plan

I'm always quick to complain about Rogers, but today was a good experience.

I'm eligible for an upgrade on both my phones, an SII and BB9900, and called just to make sure, find out if it was faster getting an S5 on the phone vs in the store.  Almost as soon as I'd identified myself, the rep told me he could get me a better plan.

I hadn't called for a better plan.  I didn't ask for it, and I was naturally suspicious.  But no hooks, no tricks.  Whether I got into a new 2 year term or not, I was eligible for some unadvertised plan.  I was paying about $80 per month per phone for 2 gigs per phone plus text plus enhanced voicemail and unlimited voice, but now it's $85 for the first phone, and $45 for the second, with all the same plus 6 gigs of data and free Canada wide long distance.  I was floored.

Don't really understand how they price things, why promotions are not advertised, why you have to phone to get the deal, but can't complain.  Anyway, I'm a happy guy.  Thanks Rogers, I'm going to order two S5's today, one for me and one for my wife. 

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Very impressed, called for hardware upgrade, got a better plan

Awesome!  Thanks for sharing your positive experience with us and the community!!

Should you wish to send a further compliment, you may do so here: https://www.rogers.com/web/content/contactus

Sincerely,

RogersYves

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Very impressed, called for hardware upgrade, got a better plan

Awesome!  Thanks for sharing your positive experience with us and the community!!

Should you wish to send a further compliment, you may do so here: https://www.rogers.com/web/content/contactus

Sincerely,

RogersYves

View solution in original post