Very dissapointed with Galaxy Note support.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

I can't believe this device which was held in such high regard at launch is still running 2.3.6 ,

the Canadian Rom has been released to Rogers since early March and yet several

months later nothing , unbelievable how long it takes to add 5 bloatware

system apps and to test all features for functionality.

***edited labels***

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm just curious if anyone has heard any info on when Rogers' plans on getting this *much anticipated* update out to its Clients.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

yay..another wheres my ICS thread!

Honestly.

Rogers won't comment on it.  If you want it sooner, flash a custom ROM.

Or.

Rogers could post an update schedule and save my sanity that way...

I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry — I'm new to the forum. And yes — I see there are several "Where's my ICS" threads floating around.

So again — Sorry.

But when I bought my phone the rep told me that "the NOTE was Samsungs flagship phone - you shouldn't be waiting long".

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Sorry if I came off a bit harsh there...not really my intention.

MOre that Rogers really should post something of an update schedule..or maybe even say "We're working hard to bring ICS to all our "..whatever.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hey no worries. It probably would have been smarter for me to browse the forum then post - not post, then browse.

Nonetheless - yes, any type of a response from Rogers on the rollout of ICS would be just awesome ... then so would winning the lottery ... which I probably have a marginally better shot at than getting a response from Rogers 😐

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Very dissapointed with Galaxy Note support.

Could not agree more with you. It seems that other carriers are able to release updates faster then Rogers. Its a shame for a company that says " We value the customers" When they really do not. The update should have been out already with no problems.
I've Been Around

The update should come July 21st apparently according to mobile syrup and a press release from Rogers, though that's a Saturday which seems strange. I feel your pain. I just bought the Note and love it, Hubby got the S2 before S3 came out and he's already running ICS doesn't seem right when the Note is their flagship device. Smiley Mad

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers screwed me over in the past, I gave them another chance and bought the Note with a 3 year contract.  Now I'm paying for it.  These phones have very short lifespans before they're obsolete.  What is taking them so frigging long?

I Plan to Stick Around

July 13th. 🙂