Very Slow Yahoo page load script fail for voken.eyereturn.com

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Very Slow Yahoo page load script fail for voken.eyereturn.com

When Rogers Yahoo is set as my homepage, I am getting incredibly slow loads. I thought it might be the flash adds and turned off flash in Chrome to try to fix it, but, really that's not a good solution. I  switched over to Firefox and it seemed fine for about a day, but, now it fails.

Apparently a script is failing to load... one that is apparently controlled by voken.eyereturn.com which turns out to be an ad site...perhaps responsible for those annoying side ads.

Anyone else experiencing these slow loads within the last week?

***edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Very Slow Yahoo page load script fail for voken.eyereturn.com

Mine just loaded fine.

But we could be pulling different adds, etc based on different things.

Could be you are getting the bad add causing it and im not.

Have you tried deleting your temp files and browser caches?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your response, yes I cleared everything and retried...it really has been a pain, slowing down the loading of linked news pages, each according to Firefox due to the ad service. In Chrome it just showed up as long periods of unresponsive behaviour with the upper right corner side ad not loading remaining blank, but, responsive to a click, to the point that I would try a reload or just give up. It was only when I switched to Firefox, that I discovered that it was the script for those ads.

I've tired to report it to Rogers, but, they're hopeless...they auto directed me to Support who won't even talk about it unless I load IE and use it. I didn't think it was a Support issue anyway which is why I was initially just trying to get through to those responsible for the page and the service they are using.

Anyone with slow loading Rogers Yahoo homepage might be being affected by this and not even know. Just one more thing to check.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Least a short term solution.. if you run the addblock add in for firefox, i beleive it should block it (as well as all other adds).

Yeah, i wouldnt think that regular support would be able to do much.. you would think there would be a 'web bug report' email or contact somewhere for the web team.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks,

I really do prefer Chrome, I've tried reporting again to Rogers Corporate...who knows, maybe it will make it to the correct department.

In the meantime, I've configured another site as my homepage.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Not sure if your problem could be related to this issue:

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/LT5rxhPqkeQ%5B1-25%5D

The fact that you are also having the same problem with Firefox may suggest otherwise though. I agree with Gdkitty though that the use of an ad blocker makes browsing much more enjoyable. It is probably the reason why Rogers wants you to use Internet Explorer, as the ads are much more difficult to block. I use both AdBlock and Webmail Ad Blocker for Chrome and they work great! I also have the Adblock Plus and Webmail Ad Blocker extensions enabled on Firefox.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Very Slow Yahoo page load -SNAIL LOADER

Same here - 11 seconds to load my inbox, sent box - or any other box. Yahoo wasn't broken. If it is broken, don't fix it....