Using very little data usage need advice

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Using very little data usage need advice

Hi off and on we've switched our data plans quite often to lower data because my mom uses near to nothing of data because she's more a phone person and I try really hard not to use much data by using my home router box with another provider. And mostly use it with text based messengers when I go out which is like only a couple of days in a week. And I hear a lot of stories that people are very cautious but still go over their limit but my issue is I hardly use any data and I'm very cautious as well. So I need advice on how often should I use my data if always being connected to the home wifi prevents me from using hardly any of it? I noticed by using data for 2 days on the weekend it used a little over 20 megs but still not a whole lot of data. we're currently on the 500 MB shared plan and also can someone shed some light on why Rogers has had the same plan prices for almost a year? Cause I been a very patient and understanding customer cause I really respect Rogers and value them. But seeing the prices never change is getting to be rediculous.

***Edited Labels.***

Highlighted

Re: Using very little data usage need advice

Well solved my data usage from a very good friend. said to me why do I need to use more data when 500 mb is hardly anything be thankful I don't use very much cause if I try to use more I'll go over it fast. Now my 2nd question I asked does anyone know why Rogers is stuck at the same smart phone shared price plans for literally almost a year?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello diveman1980

I have a feeling that they will be changing them soon. They do this every year near or after the iPhone releases or any other major release of a device. Mind you that Rogers does this also when the CRTC is looking at them or some other politician.

I do want them to change their plans around BUT not to the point of what they are offering right now. Its way to expensive for anything now as is.

Hi Meowmix

I saw Rogers has lowered their prices in Manitoba this week but haven't seen other areas of Canada make the change yet. So I changed my plan as soon as I saw the change and the funny thing is when I called in about it they couldn't find it right away took them a few minutes to find it. I also found out there was a few lower rate plans they mentioned to me not even advertised on the site. So am a bit happy though that they lowered their prices just in time where people need their data the most. Mind you even during the summer woulda been a good time to lower it cause of people that camp and upload stuff during camping. But I guess in the summer they figure keep it high maybe not enough sales at that point of time.