Using Wifi...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Using Wifi...

Hi, I am hoping somebody can clarify for me.

I have a very basic Rogers plan - the phone rings I answer it.  No internet, no e-mail, etc.   I'm fine with this.

I recently was given an iPhone 3GS.   I have kept the same plan via the same sim card.

My question is this:  if I am in a WiFi area and I use the internet or check e-mail on the phone I will not be charged through my plan, correct? ... as it's WiFi.  However, clearly, I would not be able to access the internet in a non WiFi area.

Just want to be sure I am not charged if I am using the internet on the phone in a WiFi zone.

Thanks for any clarification.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Using Wifi...

Hello CG6

When you are using WiFi, you are not being charged for data on your end. Make sure that you have the data connection turned off on the iPhone just in case it does go threw.

When using Wi-Fi, data will ONLY go threw the Wi-Fi connecting, mobile data well not be activated or used unless Wi-Fi is turned off or no Wi-Fi connections.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you so much, Meowmix.. appreciate your response!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello CG6

You are welcome! 🙂