Urgent: Will an Unlocked Sim-Free PAYG Iphones bought in UK work in Canada?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Urgent: Will an Unlocked Sim-Free PAYG Iphones bought in UK work in Canada?

Hi all,

I really need some help regarding this.  I will be moving to the UK for four months for a work contract.  I plan on buying one of those unlocked Sim-free Pay As you Go Iphone 5 (it seems possible to do this according to the Apple UK website). I will therefore pay the full price for the phone. I'm OK with this as long as the Iphone will work with Rogers when I come back to Canada.  I'm not sure if it will....?

Can anybody help me out with an answer on this?  Any tips or suggestions also appreciated.

Thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Urgent: Will an Unlocked Sim-Free PAYG Iphones bought in UK work in Canada?

Hello midnightSun82

You will need to Ask Apple about this. Most likely it should work as it will be unlocked but the internal parts may not match on Rogers network. Best thing to do is tell them u will want to use it on the Rogers network in Canada.
Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation