Upload Issues constent fluctuation, disconnection pack loss issues.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Upload Issues constent fluctuation, disconnection pack loss issues.

It has been done.

I Plan to Stick Around

it has been done.

PM has been sent.

if you want the colors of the lights I can definitely provide you with pictures I haven't set the modem in bridge mode since last week.

I currently have 2 desktop connect directly with amber Light and my Samsung smart Blu-ray player which is only a 10/100 connection and that one lights up green. currently no in bridge mode no routers no switches.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, running in Gateway mode with the desktops and blue-ray connected the desktops are connecting at 1 Gb/s, which is required to support the 250/20 service.  So, with no configuration changes at all, and a steady noticeable deterioration in data rates during the evening and weekend hours, I would attribute that to the node or MDU.  Do you ever see 300 down, 20 up on a speedtest?

I Plan to Stick Around

I Get 329/22. that is the max I've seen with the speedtest.net. I get that speed 1 or 2 times out of 3, when the issue occurs. or the upload times out I have the refresh the page or sometimes the download as well we max at 50 or so for 2 or 3 test in a row then it comes back up to 329/22.

Like I said earlier, it's not the speed itself that I'm seeing as a problem, it's the deterioration/reliability of the connection, it keeps dropping(lowering every minute of so.) to the point where I get packet loss or can't upload/download at all. so I get disconnected from whatever I'm doing. The download is affected but mainly the upload.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I should have asked before, do you use any type of power bar to run your modem and pc's.

I Plan to Stick Around

I use a UPS battery back up and yes I have tried pluged in directly to the wall.

I Plan to Stick Around

The issue is definitely still there. it seemed to of been better in the past week but not resolved.

I tried 2 tests on DSLreport to try and eliminate that my network is really the cause and tonight throughout the night I was having issues and the tool I used seems to suggest the same thing.

http://www.dslreports.com/smokeping?target=350d01757b4259a715edac58f3f7ecf7&r=406

24H test which isn't done. but it clearly shows that after 10 AM once my issues clear that all green shows up.

other test shows my IP address I can share if require to a PM

When I started this post the issue was every day and night. Last week the issue was near flawless starting Monday after 10 AM ET, few issues here in there but not for a whole 30 minutes or more. Now this weekend same problem. Woke up in the evening around 10 PM ET and the issue was there till 10 AM and at that time it was cleared. I could stream and game no issue.

at this point I have 0 idea what is being done to investigate this issue. I'm completely in the dark. I'm out of ideas at this point and losing hope.