Upgrading to an iPhone 4 and carrier decision

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nbguy66
I'm Here A Lot

Upgrading to an iPhone 4 and carrier decision

I've been a Rogers customer for years. In my location (Grand Falls, NB), Rogers offers EDGE speed only. Both Bell and Telus offer 3G/HSPA+speed with much better coverage. Looking to get an iPhone 4 and contract, I called Rogers and asked about plans to upgrade their speed/coverage in my area. Their response - not current plans to do so. I've read messages on Rogers Redboard from many customers in smaller towns in a similar service situation.

Rogers, I want you to know that you almost lost a customer today. It's unacceptable to pay the same amount as Bell/Telus for inferior speed and coverage. The only reason I am sticking with you is because your signal reverts to EDGE when 3G is unavailable. For my needs and usage, this is imporant. I don't like to see your posterior being kicked by competitors. I know you are rolling out HSPA+ in various areas of the country, but I trust that you will also keep the smaller communities in the Atlantic provinces in mind. I am sure there are hundreds of other cutomers who feel the same way, that is to say if they are still your customers.

I hope this post is not removed. It would be interesting to hear from other customers.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Jepson
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Upgrading to an iPhone 4 and carrier decision

I would recommend rogers because you can always bounce back to EDGE 

Jepson M
------------------------------
Apple Fanboy - Rogers Customer for over 10 years.

View solution in original post

All Replies
PaulieShore
I've Been Here Awhile

It would be no different for me to say the same thing to Bell in my area... Rogers is far more superior than Bell here. It just depends ojn where you live. If Rogers isn't upgrading, then go to Bell...

But be warned, Rogers has a previous generation fallback network (Edge). Bell does not... In your area that may not be a concern if they already have HSPA/HSPA+ there - but in many other areas it's a pain...

I guess if you want an iPhone 4 in your area, the obvious choice is Bell.. Isn't it?

Jepson
I Plan to Stick Around

I would recommend rogers because you can always bounce back to EDGE 

Jepson M
------------------------------
Apple Fanboy - Rogers Customer for over 10 years.

View solution in original post