Upgrading my internet service.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Upgrading my internet service.

All's well that ends well. I called Rogers today to get an update on when I would get my modem and  my new service, and the lady I spoke to said she would have one delivered by a tech between 2 and 4 TODAY.

Promptly @ 2 pm my new modem was, in fact delivered by a Rogers tech who just left it with me as I wanted. I plugged it in, connected it directly to my iMac and tried to find a way to get it into bridge mode. Long story short I called Rogers tech support and they put it in bridge mode remotely. Voila! problem solved. I am up and runing at a much higher speed and with unlimited data.... Gotta say thanks to the community who helped me and to Rogers. Who'd of thunk it? Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@BluPuk wrote:

All's well that ends well. I called Rogers today to get an update on when I would get my modem and  my new service, and the lady I spoke to said she would have one delivered by a tech between 2 and 4 TODAY.

@Promptly @ 2 pm my new modem was, in fact delivered by a Rogers tech who just left it with me as I wanted. I plugged it in, connected it directly to my iMac and tried to find a way to get it into bridge mode. Long story short I called Rogers tech support and they put it in bridge mode remotely. Voila! problem solved. I am up and runing at a much higher speed and with unlimited data.... Gotta say thanks to the community who helped me and to Rogers. Who'd of thunk it? Smiley Wink

Awesome! Which modem did Rogers deliver to you? The White CODA modem, or the black CGN modem? The CODA is the newest modem, and supports the latest DOSCIS 3.1 standard. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It was a black Hitron, but updated to 3.1 I believe.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The Black Hitron only Supports DOCSIS 3.0, you would need the White CODA to get DOCSIS 3.1

However there is no need to swap the modem right away, because the White CODA modem has a few software bugs that need to be worked out, so you're better off with the Black Hitron for now.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

According to the My Rogers website, my modem is a Rocket Modem although it says Hitron on the label on the back of the modem. So, will Rogers automatically offer me a white one when they are ready, or will I have to chase after one? Can I upgrade with no additional cost?

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@BluPuk wrote:

According to the My Rogers website, my modem is a Rocket Modem although it says Hitron on the label on the back of the modem. So, will Rogers automatically offer me a white one when they are ready, or will I have to chase after one? Can I upgrade with no additional cost?

Not sure why the CODA modem was not put into your order in the first place. The answer is that you will need to swap at the store. We want all customers on unlimited plans to eventually get the CODA modem. Improving the network and equipment is a goal to provide everyone with the best experience. Even if you are not on an unlimited plan, you can still inquire about upgrading your modem. For normal use, it is recommend that you have 15-20 mbps bandwidth per device using the internet at the same time. Smart TVs are bandwidth hogs and 4K TVs would work best with at least 50 mbps for that device alone. Gaming computers and consoles usually work better with higher bandwidth as well.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@BluPuk You can walk into any Rogers Store and swap your modem for the new White CODA modem.