Upgrading internet packages to avoid additional usage charge?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Upgrading internet packages to avoid additional usage charge?

I accidentally went over my internet monthly cap - I have the Express package. If I upgrade to the Extreme package, will I avoid the extra $20 I owe?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Upgrading internet packages to avoid additional usage charge?

I just went for the upgrade on Tues night, got a new upgraded Cisco modem+router on Thursday, and when I checked online...

it showed that I was upgraded from Express to Extreme....

I was about 65 of 60gb for Express, about $10 overage.

Once my account was Extreme, I was 65gb of 100gb, and no additional usage charge.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just went for the upgrade on Tues night, got a new upgraded Cisco modem+router on Thursday, and when I checked online...

it showed that I was upgraded from Express to Extreme....

I was about 65 of 60gb for Express, about $10 overage.

Once my account was Extreme, I was 65gb of 100gb, and no additional usage charge.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks. I tried to do the upgrade to Extreme but the site said I have to also upgrade my modem. That's an increase of $3 over my current modem. So the overall price increase is $16 versus the $20+ for going over my cap.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Are there any restricitions for how long you have to retain the upgraded package before you revert to the original?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I upgraded the package and modem through the website but nothing happened. My Rogers is still showing the Express package.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

MyRogers didn't show my upgraded package, until AFTER they switched my modem.... a couple business days after I initiated the upgrade on the website.
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Moved:

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

The system doesn't update until you get the new modem.
I'm Here A Lot

I was in the same situation with overages. However, it seems like you are looking for a short-term solution to paying the overage for one month.

What I did was call (I know, I know, but it was truly VERY EASY and very QUICK) and ask them what kind of special offer they could give me. I got a great deal on the upgrade plus free modem rental for a year and a pain free hardware swap at my local Rogers Plus store.

Rogers isn't dumb, keeping ME as a customer by giving me a deal, is WAY CHEAPER for them than trying to attract a new customer if I switched to Bell/Tekksavvy, etc.

Try it, you'll see.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

i asked about promotions for older customers. There are none at least not oferred to me. The sales guy at Roger's Plus didn't know about turning the modem/wireless router into a modem only and didn't really seem to care about upgrading me. I guess Rogers really doesn't want my business. These guys made me look at Tekksavvy again. Too bad.