Upgrading/New Phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Upgrading/New Phone

I bought my Galaxy Nexus in march of 2012 and was wondering how much it would be to upgrade to the S3 or maybe even the new Note when it is released? Would it be cheaper to sell my nexus first?

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Upgrading/New Phone

Hello Niick

You will need to pay off the Flextab amount when you but another phone. This is like paying the upgrade fee when u want to upgrade. the Flextab is the amount owed on the currect device balance you have. To see that, log ito My Rogers - Overview - Pay / View Balance.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Niick

You will need to pay off the Flextab amount when you but another phone. This is like paying the upgrade fee when u want to upgrade. the Flextab is the amount owed on the currect device balance you have. To see that, log ito My Rogers - Overview - Pay / View Balance.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have a blackberry torch on a 3-yr contract but currently I'm almost at the 2-yr mark. In my plan Rogers told me that I can upgrade after 2 years but when i checked online for the ok that I can upgrade my phone to the htc one x, it says it doesn't know. I also tried  to see if it would see if I could upgrade with another phone - a crapier one, but it still said it didn't know. It also said to check with a Rogers rep.  but I wanted  to ask the forum first.plz help with anything u may know !!!

Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Stefy380Lew

In may show you online threw your My Rogers - Overview - Check Upgrade Egibility. If it does not show you there, I suggest contacting Rogers and they will tell you the upgrade cost and fees. Those fees may be a bit more as you still have 2 years left.

No one here can give you this info tho.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you have just over a year left you got it about the same time I did. This was prior to the release of flex tab.
At that time, when you were on a 3 year term you could at 2 years get a hardware upgrade when starting a new 3 year term.
But with the release of the flex tab, they pretty much removed it, moving it up to the 3 years 😞

So likely you are in the same boat having to pay early upgrade fees. But as meow mix said, give them a call and find out. They can tell you how much, or some phones they may waive it.

All the new phones will be on the flex tab, where say even 6 months in, all you are paying back is the hardware credit, once that's done you are free and clear, to do it at any time then

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I'm also at the two yr mark and want to do an upgrade to S3 from BB - Since my early upgrade fee is coming to about $156 i called Rogers and they are willing to reduce it by 75%

So do call them and see what they can offer.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I recently lost my iPhone 4s on a trip. This is one purchased on a corporate account. When I went to replace it with Rogers I was told the cost would be $700 because I was not eligible for an update. The loss occurred on Jan 26th. My renewal date is March 3rd. So I forgoing having a cell phone until March since while my company pays for the plan, employees pay for the cell phones. Talking with my colleagues in the US they are surprised Rogers does not offer a prorating especially since I'm so close to the 3 year renewal date.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DS256

It could be because you are on a corporate account BUT they should be able to give you a break seeing as you are near the end of the term. Hmm I would call back and speak to a Manager and see what they can do.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks. Both Rogers and my company are aware that I'm only a month away from renewal. Too many avenues to follow.