cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Gigabit Internet - Not getting package speeds

stockylobster
I Plan to Stick Around

Only getting around 50Mbps down. Upload is fine. Tried wifi, hardwired to the modem, and standalone router. All the same. When i call tech support they say there is a suspension on the account. They can't explain why. They did some trouble shooting and had to send this off to the next level.

Now, 2 of my coworkers who also upgraded and have the exact same issue. Slow download speed, upload is fine, tech says there is a suspension etc...

Before the upgrade my connection was working fine. Right now my games online getting lag spikes....

*Added Labels*

63 REPLIES 63

Re: Upgraded to Gigabit Internet - Not getting package speeds

burnsth
I've Been Here Awhile

I had the exact same experience.  I've just given up.  They plan on laying new fibre in my neibourhood soon, so I may give that a go.

Hello, @VoodooSquirrel & @burnsth

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums to you both!

The world is super fast-paced now so I can totally understand how frustrating it is when your internet speeds are not where they should be.

It seems like in both of your situations, you've exhausted support on our usual troubleshooting channels. We'd like a chance to take a look at both of your situations to see what has been done thus far to determine the best next steps to try to find a resolution to this issue once and for all. We'd hate to lose either of you as a customer over an issue that could be resolved.

Please send a Private message to @CommunityHelps so we can take a deep dive into this issue and do our best to find a solution. Not familiar with our Private messaging system? No problem, Click Here.

RogersTony

Contacted support - I was asked to run multiple speed tests, and then speed tests on multiple devices concurrently, and since the speed on Device 1 + the speed on device 2 is greater than the speed  just on device 1, I was told its my problem and I need to fix it, so thanks to rogers for the amazing help.

@VoodooSquirrel did you call into tech support, or did you contact @CommunityHelps for further assistance?

1.  Are you running the white coloured CODA-4582 modem?

2.  Are you running speedtests via ethernet or wifi?

3.  Are you using a desktop, laptop or other device for speedtests?

Rickysage
I've Been Around

We're in the same situation. We were paying the gigabit price for 150 so we decided to upgrade to the proper package for what we were paying and we are still only getting 150 in speed. Nothing has changed and remains slow. We don't want to pay this much for a speed we are not getting and might look into different options.