Upgrade with out KIES!?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Upgrade with out KIES!?

I sure hope that more options other than kies can be made with regard to updates!  Not just because KIES is *&^%, but also because the usb conection on my phone can not be found at all!  I have done everything short of sending it out .... off warrenty!  My question is the os has an update software option in about phone and allows the update to happen over a wifi connection!

COME on ROGERS, make it happen!  more ways to officially upgrade phone!  

ps. samsung you too are responsible for cheaply made parts!  Like the phone, network needs improvement- i have had connection issues ever since they changed my plan ...... lol!  os lock up issue, kies detection issues,  the only thing it does is charge ... battery drain a little hi since the plac change ... !  lol using the old parts of the network!

****Edited Labels****

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Upgrade with out KIES!?

Hello danielkreutzer

Its Rogers & Samsung at fault here. Both have made the agreement to push out the updates via OTA. Also it depends which device you own. Some devices are NOT supported on KIES. This is Samsung's fault, NOT Rogers. You must understand that as well.

In the end, Rogers i would say should be able to sent out the updates via OTA. They have been doing that for most of the new devices tho
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not saying which phone, but do not most use the micro USB connection now? The long skinny flat one?

You should be able to obtain one of these as a replacement easily, if not from a phone store, a computer store should. Heck I have like 4 sitting in a drawer.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello GDkitty

Sometimes the phone ports can damage in which the micro usb cable will not work. At this point, their option is to get a new cable to test it out. If that does not work, then it needs to be replaced.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

True,

Sorry, that was  partial on my fault for miss reading the first post, thought it was saying cant find the cable, but says connection.