Upgrade to iPhone 4S

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Upgrade to iPhone 4S

Hi, my cousin wants to consider upgrading to an iPhone 4S. She is currently on a "quick messaging phone" (crappy slidey phone with no data plan.) She is 2yrs into a 3yr contract on the current phone. (i know, i know, who would sign a 3 year term on a phone worth maybe $100? My cousin.)

OK, issue 1:

Anyway, with the current promotions going on, she could get

iPhone 4S 16GB for $0

March Plan $45/month

1,000 local mins

Cl Dsp/VM

Unltd Txt/Pic/Vid

150MB Data

Rogers store said estimated early upgrade fee would be $50.

Correct?

Issue 2:

She has had some trouble with billing in the past and i understand alot of rogers mobile customers have issues with billing, so this should help with retentions leverage. Basically, she wants the $35 "Administration" fee (that fee is a load of crap) waived, and some sort of long distance minutes for FREE with the plan (I know there is the extra $10/month for Unltd CDN LD but she is cheap and doesnt want to pay that) OR be allowed to keep her current Unltd CDN MY 10, or even Unltd CDN MY 5, but it has to be Canada-wide not local. Do you think Rogers retentions would do this for her? I dont have much experience with Rogers retentions, but when i asked Telus to make my 200 local mins long distance capable as well they were able to do that AS WELL as allow me to keep my MY10 when upgrading to an iPhone 5.

Thanks for your help

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Upgrade to iPhone 4S

Hello jackthecompguy

Yes issues one is correct. that seems like a great deal for someone that will not use data a lot. Now she needs to understand that the iPhone has many apps that use data. If she will use data, tell her to get a bigger data package.

As for issue 2. ONLY retentions will be able to credit the admin fee. The store will not be able to do this unless you are a new customer & the store wants to do it. So yes you need to speak to retentions about that. Same goes for the long distance as well.

Tell her to speak to a rep at retentions. tell her to tell them what she wants & see what they can do for her.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Upgrade to iPhone 4S

Hello jackthecompguy

Yes issues one is correct. that seems like a great deal for someone that will not use data a lot. Now she needs to understand that the iPhone has many apps that use data. If she will use data, tell her to get a bigger data package.

As for issue 2. ONLY retentions will be able to credit the admin fee. The store will not be able to do this unless you are a new customer & the store wants to do it. So yes you need to speak to retentions about that. Same goes for the long distance as well.

Tell her to speak to a rep at retentions. tell her to tell them what she wants & see what they can do for her.

View solution in original post