Upgrade from 3G to LTE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Upgrade from 3G to LTE

Hello,

I know it's not specific to Windows Phone but since some of you have upgrade to the Nokia Lumia 900 a few months I would like to know your experience in that matter.

In my subscription I have currently an "old" 3G iPhone data plan (that I use with an unlocked Lumia 800). For 30$ I got  6Gb and Internet Sharing. My 3-year contract is over since a couple of months.

I'm expecting to change to a Windows Phone (hopefully the Lumia 920) in the coming weeks and I would like to know if it's possible to get a good LTE plan with Internet Sharing without paying a lot more.

Can I change now to a LTE plan without losing my hardware upgrade "credit" since being over my contract I can negotiate?

Thank you for your answers!

Matthieu

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Upgrade from 3G to LTE

Rogers plans change often, so you would have to speak to them directly to get confirmation, but I was able to simply switch my $30 6GB 3G data plan to an LTE one for no extra money.  My plan is exactly the same except it is LTE as well.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers plans change often, so you would have to speak to them directly to get confirmation, but I was able to simply switch my $30 6GB 3G data plan to an LTE one for no extra money.  My plan is exactly the same except it is LTE as well.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you. Is it difficult to get this upgrade? Because when I call the answer was you need to get a LTE plan. I'm going to try the retention service...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So I called the Customer Service, was told that I need to upgrade for 12$ more to a LTE plan. I say "resiliation", I got the retention service and finally they upgrade my data plan to LTE without extra charge.

It's annoying to have to make  "threats" when you are a longtime customer ...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Also check to see if LTE is available in your area.  EG.. still no word on when LTE will be available in Victoria.

As well, think about whether you really NEED LTE.  Are you doing a lot of streaming of data?  Was the 3G data retrieval adequate?

/drt
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I live in Montreal, we got LTE a few months back now. I think LTE is nice: I'm a software developer, being able to download on the fly some big files can be handy 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

Nice so u notice the difference?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Not yet I' waiting for the release of the Lumia 920... 🙂
Highlighted
I've Been Around

So I upgraded my phone today to the Nokia Lumia 920, it is a sweet phone. I have a corporate plan from work and a 6/gb 3g data plan for 30$ a month.

When I called Rogers to switch my data plan to lte they told me I couldn't and that I had to choose a new more expensive data plan with less data to be able to get lte. I renewed for an extra 3 years and I am furious that they did this as I had inquired a few weeks earlier about the upgrade to lte and was told that it shouldn't be a problem, it will be lte-enabled when you upgrade.

Has this happened to anyone else? I was under the impression that I was able to get my 3g data plan lte-enabled

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That doesn't sound right, although I guess they could have changed their corporate plans/policies.  I have a corporate plan as well, and was on the 6GB - 3G for $30 data plan but when I upgraded to the 900 I had them change my plan to LTE.  I pay the same amount as I did before and it wasn't a difficult request at all, I just said I wanted my plan to be LTE and they did it right away.