Upgrade / Downgrade Cable TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Upgrade / Downgrade Cable TV

Yesterday I have visited a Rogers store to upgrade my cable TV from basic to VIP, and picked up some boxes.

Went home, set up everything, and no surprise, all boxes working. But only with basic channels!!!

After two hours later, called tech. supp. and after about one hour more, we figured out that the guy from the Rogers store did not upgrade my account to VIP, and that's the reason I'm getting just the basic channels. CSR offered to fix that and upgrade my account to VIP cable TV. Said Thx, and she promised that it will be done in five minutes.

Here I am, a day later, still with basic TV (no food channel for wife, no family channel for kids). It seems that Rogers does not want my money, or maybe they are going to bill me for that VIP service that I don't have.

Are they so slow with the downgrades too???

Funny isn't it?

Please share.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Upgrade / Downgrade Cable TV

unless the 2nd guy didnt do it as well...USUALLY Account changes are pretty quick.
When i have made changes to my internet, etc.. usually they show up within an hour or two.

Have you tried rebooting the boxes yet?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello claudiu

Reboot the boxes to see if that would change it if the VIP cable was added. If you did that call in again. It does take a few hours sometimes for it to go threw. It should not take that long tho. What i would do, is contact Rogers & speak to Rogers retentions & tell them what is going on. Tell them you called once & went to the store once to upgrade to VIP & it never happened. See why & what is going on?

I'm Here A Lot

I had reset/authorize all. I'll call them, and maybe call some other providers too...
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello claudiu

Hmm that means that once again the other rep never added it on the account. Try calling again & seeing if this time they can add it & ask for a discount or credit because of all this.

If you are going to call other providers, make sure you research about them as well. Some providers like Rogers have customers that are not happy, so always do research!