Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade/Cancellation and data used questions

leguel
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

Two questions here

I upgraded on the 2013/03/03, is it considered like a NEW contract, elligible to the new 2 year no-fee cancellation from the CRTC (2013/12/02 and after)

2nd question

I've been billed 15$ last month and will be again this month (apparently) for extra gb usage. My phone blocks all data usage after hitting the 1gb cap. But apparently I used 1030mb/1024mb... where does that come from.

I told the rep I won't ever use the FlexTab for data and I want it out, when data is capped (accordingly, not random ghost data to get me to pay extra money) He says: 'We cannot block the data when capped but you can use (talks about random third-party app to calculate data, which my Nexus 4 does already) Really?!  That's all you can do? If I print screen the graph from my phone, isn't that enough?

To charge me money, no problem. But to cap the data (already capped on phone mind you) isn't doable?

Thanks for you help

leguel

***Edited Labels.***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Upgrade/Cancellation and data used questions

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers bills, based on what data comes THROUGH to them.

Weither or if the phone does it or not.. is another story.
There quite possibly is an app on the phone or something else, which is IGNORING the cap and using data anways. Wouldnt be the first time.. across many different brands/makes of phones.
(there have been many many many cases of say apps using cellular data, even when on wifi.. it just goes to the cellular connection on its own, etc).

The flex tab thing for data, is just there, when you do go over.. its not there ALL the time..
I have seen it pop up twice this year on my wifes bill when she goes over.. but the next month when she doesnt its gone.

Perhaps try setting your cap a shade lower, 10-20 mb.. to make sure if there is any overflow, etc.. that its less likely to happen?

leguel
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, I understand that. I would prefer:

1. NOT having the FlexTab option. Yes, having less option is better sometimes.

Or

2. Charging me PER MB instead of charging me 1gb for 6 MB? Seriously, Rogers?

Thanks for your input. I changed my cap to 900MB, Just in case I load an extra email lolololol

Anyone one knows an answer to my first question?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

EVERY plan has an overage thing.. none of them cut off say when you reach your max.. they all allow you to go over, and charge however afterwards.

This goes for every carrier.

It just varries on how/what the overage is based on... some go for a smaller charge per X many MB say over.. some a larger bucket like the rogers is using.

There isnt any way to turn it off, etc though 😞

leguel
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks.

Now question #1 I upgraded on the 2013/03/03, is it considered like a NEW contract, elligible to the new 2 year no-fee cancellation from the CRTC (2013/12/02 and after)

Thanks for your help!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello leguel

The only fee you need to pay is the flextab that is remaining. If you have $0 then you do not pay anything. You also need to pay a $12.50 disconnection fee ontop of that as well.
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation