Updated guide no longer allows to hide On Demand channels?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Updated guide no longer allows to hide On Demand channels?

My NB3 received the latest UI update from Rogers last night and now I'm unable to hide any of the On Demand channels. I had them all hidden before and now they are back in the guide. I tried to hide them again, but the box will not let me. All the other channels can be hidden just like before. Could someone else with the newest guide version check to see if they can hide them? My software version is 4.0.1.0109.

The update itself seems very minor. There are some color changes in the guide and some of the menus. They also added audio selection in the info bar. The loading bar is gone too. It is replaced by a spinning indicator and a smaller bar at the bottom right of the screen.

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Updated guide no longer allows to hide On Demand channels?

Yeah.. they changed it so there is a MASS hide, for Hide all unsubscribed channels..

But i think a side effect, is that they KEEP the OD ones

I Plan to Stick Around

It has happened with NB2 as well.  Dear Rogers, if you are monitoring this, it is important for you to restore the ability for your customers to be able to hide the OD channels.  This is important. I do not want to have to scroll through all these everytime in using the guide.  There are many OD channels that I would never want to use.  It should be my option to hide them. Thanks,

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Ontario

The NB2 (8642), HD box 4642 and the NB3 (9865) all run the same OS, so will have the same software.

Unfortunately this is a user to user forum.. only mostly moderated by rogers.

Best to post about this on the IDEABOX, and voice your opinon on FB and/or Twitter for rogers, where the input is more taken from

I'm a Senior Advisor

While Rogers monitors this forum for inappropriate content, there is nobody here that can implement suggestions.For that you should post your suggestion in Idea Box (link in the right hand panel) or on Rogers' Facebook page if you're a Facebooker or their Twitter feed if you're a Twitterer.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

Why can't I hide the On Demand channels????????   There are a bunch that I would never watch and the are a nuisance when surfing because they want to load whatever they load.....Harold

I'm a Senior Advisor

Do people still surf by going channel to channel nowadays????? Seems more efficient to just surf the guide, but old habits die hard I guess.

Either way, if you favorite all the channels you want and leave out the OD channels, and hit guide twice, the guide will filter out the OD and only show your favorites...probably wont help if you're flicking thru channels old school, but you can give it a shot.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 in conversation