Updated Z10 to 10.3, want to go back to 10.2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Updated Z10 to 10.3, want to go back to 10.2

Hello

I updated my Z10 to leaked 10.3 software and it works great but i dont like the layout as it is formatted for the Passport. Are their autoloader files on  Rogers site for the latest Rogers 10.2 factory software so I can go back?

***Edited Labels.***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Updated Z10 to 10.3, want to go back to 10.2

Hello Robotpete

Unfortunately I don't think Roger has the auto loader on their site. U would have better luck finding it on Crack Berry
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Rogers probably doesn't appreciate us discussing leaked OS on their site but here's a link to the latest leak (10.3.0.1418). I downloaded the one for the Z30 and it looks and works great. Perhaps you downloaded the wrong one because I've heard nothing from people over at the BlackBerry Support Forums about anything on a Z10 looking like it was formatted for a Passport. Have a look at this page:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/os10-3-0-1418-sr-10-3-0-908-all-devices-967016... 

Let me just remind everyone that loading a leaked OS has its share of risks. Until an OS has been tested and released by Rogers, it's a gamble on your part. If you load a leaked OS and run into problems, Rogers will not support you (not to worry, though, because we will at http://supportforums.blackberry.com )

I hope that helps you.  🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

There are links to autoloaders all over the crackberry forums that you can find but the link below is one of the best for finding the version you want. I woud go with the latest 10.2.1.x release for the Z10 until the official 10.3.1.x comes out with the proper formating etc. while the 10.3 is a very nice step forward (I now have a Passport - non rogers) it is not quite ready for prime time on the older devices.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-OS10-devices-using...

and also fyi I wouldnt worry about the "Official" Rogers OS version. The carriers no longer control or modify the base software on BB10. They just push it after they have completed internal testing on it. Go with the latest available and you will be fine. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@BillJ wrote:

Rogers probably doesn't appreciate us discussing leaked OS on their site but here's a link to the latest leak (10.3.0.1418). I downloaded the one for the Z30 and it looks and works great. Perhaps you downloaded the wrong one because I've heard nothing from people over at the BlackBerry Support Forums about anything on a Z10 looking like it was formatted for a Passport. Have a look at this page:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/os10-3-0-1418-sr-10-3-0-908-all-devices-967016... 

Let me just remind everyone that loading a leaked OS has its share of risks. Until an OS has been tested and released by Rogers, it's a gamble on your part. If you load a leaked OS and run into problems, Rogers will not support you (not to worry, though, because we will at http://supportforums.blackberry.com )

I hope that helps you.  🙂

Ok.... so, the 10.3 hasn`t been released officially yet by Blackberry but then I`m wondering .... a friend of mine got his Z30 a few weeks ago from Rogers as a contract renewal.... and to my surprise, it already  had the 10.3 on it. 

So, if Rogers hasn`t released it yet as an upgrade, how come they are selling Blackberrys with the 10.3 already preloaded? If Rogers only supports the software they release as upgrade, how are they gonna provide any support for a Blackberry that already has the 10.3 ?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello LES2900

Are you sure it was preloaded with 10.3? Maybe his got the developers version and not the actual 10.3 software. This has happened with some android devices as well. The system they use have also developers software so soemtimes the tech may add that version.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I updated yesterday and now my calendar alerts don't work (they are set properly) and rotation lock doesn't work. So now I have to reload the software and lose everything on my Z10.  So annoyed.  Anyone else have this problem?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Just read online rotation lock not working is a known glitch.  Hope the same with calendar alerts!