Update notification from Rogers (SMS) with no update available

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Update notification from Rogers (SMS) with no update available

Can someone explain why I received a SMS yesterday for an update being available for my Nokia Lumia 920 when the update service tells me I am up to date and checking Nokia's site tells me I already have the most recent code?

For all the advertising Rogers has done for this OS it seems they are completely out of touch with it.

****Edited Labels****

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Update notification from Rogers (SMS) with no update available

Hello Night_Shadow

Did the text message say " Lumia 920"?. I got a few text messages like that as well in the past but it was for other devices.
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix,

Yes,

"Rogers svc msg: Now available - Device Software update for your Nokia Lumia 920!"

I have kept the message trail. It is yet another example of poor support for Windows Phone 8 from Rogers after all their ad hype for it.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Night_Shadow

Hmm then that should mean there is a update but no where have i seen anyone else reporting a update yet. It could have been a mistake BUT i agree, poor support for Windows
I Plan to Stick Around

Pretty sure it is just a reminder to make sure that people have installed the Portico update (which includes WiFi always on option, etc.).

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello SCHUEY

It could well be that. The problem is that they should at least say that in the message instead of nothing. It makes the customer confused.
I Plan to Stick Around

And frankly it is spam unless they know I need to update.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Agreed with Night_Shadow!.

It is spam unless the customer needs the update. The text should read " Rogers svc msg: Now available - Device Software update ( Portico ) for your Nokia Lumia 920!. If you have already installed this update, Please discard this message. Thank you"
I Plan to Stick Around

Hmmm... I have never ever gotten one of these text message notifications.