Update Razr XT910 from Gingerbread to Jelly Bean

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Update Razr XT910 from Gingerbread to Jelly Bean

Hi, i have Motorola Rarz XT 910 with Gingerbrad 2.3.6 System Version 651.167.3331.XT910.Rogers.en.CA, i whish update to Jelly Bean, but the update OTA available is  Ice Cream Sandwich, how can to update? first update to ICS and after Jelly Bean? is available Jelly Bean OTA? thanks.

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Update Razr XT910 from Gingerbread to Jelly Bean

Hello davilaajc

Yes once you upgrade to ICS, wait for a few hours or even minutes & it will propt you a message saying to update to 4.1 JB. That is the update Rogers has given out

Motorola RAZR XT910 Jelly Bean (4.1) Now Available
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for you answers Meowmix, i want to know how work the razr XT 910 with Jelly Bean? I read that ICS had several problems with the battery, and several users reported working single core,and jelly bean had no such problems. Thank you very much for your help.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for you answers Meowmix, i want to know how work the razr XT 910 with Jelly Bean? I read that ICS had several problems with the battery, and several users reported working single core,and jelly bean had no such problems. Thank you very much for your help.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello davilaajc

Yes ICS has those issues but once you update to JB, those issues will be resolved & you will be fine. All you need to to is upgrade the phone to ICS & then to JB once the update comes up.
I'm Here A Lot

Thak you very much Meowmix

I'll do the update and will comment as was.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello davilaajc

You are welcome. Yes let us know how it goes!
I'm Here A Lot

Hi againg Meowmix,

the jelly bean OTA update will be available outside of Canada?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello davilaajc

Is your phone locked to Rogers or unlocked? If the phone is unlocked and add a carrier sim into the phone, it will tell you to install the update from that carrier at times.

Its best to download the motorola desktop application and install it that way. Do it threw the computer.
I'm Here A Lot

hi

my phone is unlocked with a sim carrier from Venezuela, I have available OTA ICS update, jelly bean guess that could also be OTA, is not available jelly bean it could do for desktop?