Unwanted Sales/Telemarketing calls

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Unwanted Sales/Telemarketing calls

Anyone else completely fed up with ROGERS lack of concern/care for their customers?

They seem to have no interest in the number of telemarketing calls that come through their lines.

Seems the only response programmed into their customer service reps is.... PAY MORE.

I am paying for a service from ROGERS and refuse to pay more to have the service work as intended.  Why should I pay more to stop unwanted calls?  Since ROGERS cannot seem to control who is calling their PAYING customers, shouldn't ROGERS give the call manager function to everyone free of charge?  Or does that make too much sense?

****Edited Labels****

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Unwanted Sales/Telemarketing calls

And you will blame canada post for every single piece of junkmail that arrives in your mailbox?

Most of these companies, just mass mail things.  Take a street, and mail to every number for that street.  Same goes for phoning.. call 555-0001, 555-0002, etc.  There is NO WAY ahead of time, that rogers would know if you want that person contacting you or not.

The call manager, is an extra.  Not ever phone service provides it... it wasnt always available.. like voicemail, etc, if its something you want to use.. you have to pay for it.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Unwanted Sales/Telemarketing calls

Well Kitty, we didn't always have cars either, so should we continue to walk?

Junk mail doesn't wake you up when you receive it and it doesn't threaten you or your family.

It's simple, if someone or some company wants to call my house, they should have to show their name and number.  If they don't, I should have the ability to block that call WITHOUT paying for it.

The service IS available and should be made available to every customer free of charge.  Telemarketers use the phone system that I pay ROGERS for and ROGERS should help in any way they can to eliminate annoying telemarketing calls.