Unwanted Flickr PopUp

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashkani13
I've Been Here Awhile

Unwanted Flickr PopUp

pretty much immediately after i updated to Lollipop, everytime i open chrome, and sometimes when i don't, a Flickr page opens up.  it also happens when i'm already using chrome and looking at a page, the Flickr page will open up.  has anybody else experienced anything like this?  and if so, does anybody know how to stop it?  i don't even have a Flickr account or app and haven't even ever used it or looked at it, i've literally had absolutely nothing to do with Flickr ever.  thank you all for any help you can provide this incredibly frustrated Note 4 user.

***Edited Labels***

RogersMaude

Re: Unwanted Flickr PopUp

Good afternoon @ashkani13 ,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

We are sorry about the unwanted popup, I can understand how frustrating it must be.

What type of device are you using more specifically?

Have you tried to clear the cache, as well as the cookies?

I am not aware of anyone who experienced that issue before. I personnally am using something called "CM Security" to protect my Android device from any spam-like threats. Check it out! I'm sure you'll find it useful. You can download it from the Play Store.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

ashkani13
I've Been Here Awhile

i'm using a Galaxy Note 4 and yes i've tried all of those things.  i've also sent multiple emails and messages to both flickr and yahoo...still nothing.  when it pops up it crashes whatever app i'm using at the time.  it's beyond frustrating at this point.

RogersMaude

Hello again @ashkani13 ,

We can definitely try further troubleshooting steps :

• Please open Chrome
  • Press the Menu key
  • Enter the Settings 
  • Scroll down to Advanced 
  • Enter Site Settings 
  • You will see Pop-ups
  • Click into it and turn it On

I have spoken to one of my friend who confirmed she doesn't have this issue with her Note 4. It could be some possible Adware. You may want to factory reset your phone. I have heard reports of adblock causing issues on some other Android devices, therefore if you have that installed, you could try removing it.

I have also heard good reviews about Airpush Detector and Addons Detector . 

They won't necessarely stop the ads, but will tell you which app(s) are causing them so you can uninstall them. 

I think you should give it a try! 

Let us know how it goes Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

MKC91
I Plan to Stick Around

I can confirm that I have had the same issues ever since the lollipop update to my Note4.

I used to use Airpush and Addons Detector on my old phone and will install again.

The ID on the Flickr page shows clairee_0722 if that is of any significance