Unsatisfied Customer

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Unsatisfied Customer

Hello,

On Jan 21st, 2014 I contacted Rogers customer service to discuss adding to my download limit (currently 100gigs per month). I had seen a few promotions (unlimited downloads for an extra 10$ per month for bundles that qualify*/ an extra 100 gigs for other new bundles etc.. The original clerk did not know how to calculate my bill based on upping my usage. I then spoke to someone in retention (who was very polite and helpful) but I could not believe that I could not take advantage of the unlimited downloads because the bundle had to have the home phone..(all while having 4 Wireless devices with Rogers which cost WAY more than a home phone).

I was quoted a best offer of something like 30$ extra per month for 50gigs, which in my opinion is unacceptable.

I currently pay over $350 per month (Internet, tv and wireless) and have been a more than loyal customer to Rogers for years. It is very unfortunate that I pay so much for a service that I have to monitor so closely to not get overage fees.

Needless to say I am looking at other companies such as Teksavvy who easily offer 300 gigs for a bit cheaper than Rogers. Once I sign up with them I will be cancelling my internet AND cable services (I am going to move to a more online approach to watching tv).

All of this because Rogers will not give me the same promotion as they are giving a new customer who pays less than 1/2 of what I have been paying for years (Unlimited downloads at 10$ more per month).

Thanks for listening; I’m sure others will too.

Alain T

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Unsatisfied Customer

Unfortunately, this is a user to user help forum...so the stuff on here generally doesnt make its way to rogers themselves Smiley Sad

Correct, for the $10 unlimited bundle.. you need internet, tv and homephone... WHY they dont allow if you have net, tv and cellular is beyond me.. that should be an option as a 3rd thing.

Though... ANY user is able to add unlimited for $30 regardless of package.

(though i do agree.. should just be $10 across the board, no differentiation)

New customers pricing, is only temporary.. the bundle price is only for a period of time.. then they pay the exact same as any other person.