Unlocking.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Unlocking.

I'm getting a Blackberry from a friend of mine who is with Bell. How can I unlock it so I can use it with Rogers?

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Unlocking.

Unlock codes are available online from a number of different sources.  These sources take the phone's IMEI and PIN and generate an unlock code for you.  The prodedure takes just a matter of minutes and generally costs about $10.  Doing an online search for "BlackBerry unlock codes" should return some options for you.  Other members might even add to this response with specific services they've used in the past and who are known to be trustworthy.

I hope that helps you.  🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Bell is a CDMA network. ACDMA network mobile cannot be unlocked to use with a GSM connection. Only GSM mobile can be unlocked to use with any other GSM connection. You can unlock a GSM mobile using unlock code.  All the best mate. 

**edited for content**

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Skybluebarbie is indeed correct.  I was half asleep when I posted my response and should have thought it through first.

Cheers.  🙂