Unlocking old phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Unlocking old phone

I have an old Rogers Nokia N95 that I am planning on taking overseas on my vacation. It is long out of subsidy (bought in 2008), as I have hardware upgraded twice since then, to a Captivate, then my current phone, a Galaxy S3. Its still locked to the Rogers network and was wondering if anyone had any luck contacting Rogers to unlock the phone. I know that normally it isn't done for phones under contract, but this phone is so far OUT of contract and paid for, I'm assuming its not a problem.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Unlocking old phone

Normaly the rules were that it was out of contract.. (which it is).  THey actualy changed it or are very soon, to be 3 months you can.

You should be able to contact them, and get it unlocked.  It does cost $50 though

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Unlocking old phone

@dc2integra wrote:

I have an old Rogers Nokia N95 that I am planning on taking overseas on my vacation. It is long out of subsidy (bought in 2008), as I have hardware upgraded twice since then, to a Captivate, then my current phone, a Galaxy S3. Its still locked to the Rogers network and was wondering if anyone had any luck contacting Rogers to unlock the phone. I know that normally it isn't done for phones under contract, but this phone is so far OUT of contract and paid for, I'm assuming its not a problem.

I was not able to get the unlock code through Rogers network...however there are third party unlocking websites that you can approach to unlock the Nokia N95.Each phone has an unique unlock code.You can approach Onlinegsmunlock and get the required unlock ocde for your mobile.They also give free unlock instructions.

**edited for content**