cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPhone Thread

mysticode
I've Been Around

Hi,

We'll be travelling to the Philippines for a few weeks shortly and I was wondering whether it is possible to get my iPhone 4 unlocked so that I can use it there with a local carrier?

Thanks

***edited labels***

499 REPLIES 499

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

If you want Rogersto unlock it,you must meetcertain criteria and you must pay $50. The criteria include:

1.No contract on phone remaining
2.your account is in good standing
3.phone is in your device history(if you bought it from them it alreadyis)

Those are the policies. If you hate them then no ones fault seeing as Bell and Telus and Virgin have the same policy.

KWUser
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:
If you want Rogersto unlock it,you must meetcertain criteria and you must pay $50. The criteria include:

1.No contract on phone remaining
2.your account is in good standing
3.phone is in your device history(if you bought it from them it alreadyis)

Those are the policies. If you hate them then no ones fault seeing as Bell and Telus and Virgin have the same policy.

Nope, Telus policy differs in one key, but very critical way (your first point). Telus will unlock iPhones after 90 days on account, so you could still have as much as 33 months remaining on your contract and they will unlock the phone upon request for $50.

With Rogers you need to either pay your subsidy off, upgrade to a new phone or wait until you have a 3 year old dinosaur to unlock.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Well either way tho this is the Policy Rogers has. You can not override it or no one else at Rogers can. It sucks but as many other threads on here have said, this is the only way from Rogers to get a unlock code.

Also another way from Rogers will be that you need to show them you are leaving the country ( moving away) & they will unlock it for you. This method can only work if you show them you are really leaving.

demanyak
I've Been Around

i living turkey .My apple iphone 4 rogers and locked.

can i do my phone factory unlock?

skybluebarbie
I Plan to Stick Around

You guys can unlock your iPhone4 through remote unlocking method. It is the safest, easiest and affordable method to unlock any iPhone.

**Edited for Content**