cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPhone Thread

mysticode
I've Been Around

Hi,

We'll be travelling to the Philippines for a few weeks shortly and I was wondering whether it is possible to get my iPhone 4 unlocked so that I can use it there with a local carrier?

Thanks

***edited labels***

499 REPLIES 499

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Korendir
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey there,

I called Rogers earlier today trying to get a used iPhone 6 unlocked. My friend got an upgrade after his contract was up, so I got the iPhone 6 from him. The agent told me that the iPhone 6 has to be on my own account for 90 days before it can be unlocked... Why is that?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Korendir

That is correct as i said above as well. This is the rule the CRTC made for all carriers. It's to ensure many things including making sure the device is working properly with the network and such. Unfortunately this can not be changed.

Korendir
I've Been Here Awhile
So.. making sure the device is working properly with the network and such.... As I mentioned in my post, my friend used the phone for the entirety of his contract WITH Rogers... If that doesn't show that it works "properly" with the network, I really wouldn't know what else would....

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Korendir

That true. Unfortunately the carriers follow what the CRTC tells them to do. You can contact the CRTC with any concerns.

Hi all, 

So here's my Unlocked dilemma.

I recently upgraded to an iPhone 7 Plus from an iPhone 4S. The 4S was purchased under contract with Rogers. That device is now paid off and I want to give to my parents to take overseas. I've deactivated the 4S from my AppleID and wiped all personal apps and data on it. How does the unlock process work? Do I just take the old 4S into a Rogers store and pay up $50? My account with Rogers is in good standing. Not sure I'm missing any other details.

Thank you