Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EhmTeeEhf
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Yep thanks for that Maude 🙂

maktity
I've Been Around

hi!! i have iphone 5 locked Rogers! i need unlock it, but i don t know where i must to write in order to do this! help me please!! thanks! i am in Europe!! i will be use it here

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @maktity

Unfortunately you would need to contact Rogers by phone & having them unlock it for you. The phone MUST be on a active Rogers wireless account for more then 90 days if bought on a contract in order for them to unlock it & its a $50 charge.

ablatt
I Plan to Stick Around

I'd like to know which unlocked iPhone 6 bought at a U.S. Apple store will work with Rogers fully.

The two models listed as unlocked models you can buy on Apple.com are A1586 and A1549. 

The A1586 appears to be a superset of the A1549 in terms of bands it supports, yet for some reason

Apple lists Rogers only supporting the A1549 on https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

and Apple Canada lists both on https://www.apple.com/ca/iphone-6/specs/

ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hello @ablatt
As far as i know,
A1549 will support LTE fully.
A1586 "may not" support LTE fully.

BUT Both apple version should support LTE.
AND both apple versions will work on Roger Network.
Using Unlocked "grey-market" phones isn't garunteed for full LTE max, your basic calls shouldn't be a problem.

@Meowmix might want to give you his input as well on this...
(or anyone else in the community!)

bitznbytes
I'm Here A Lot

Hi Everyone,

Looking to unlock an iphone 5s that is currently locked with Bell. Has anyone had any unlocking experience with an online site. If so/not, can anyone recommend the best and cheapest method available?

Thanks,

B

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bitznbytes

Unfortunately we can't list any sites which are third party on the forums due that this is a Rogers forum. Although I do know a few sites which cost is not a issue and the unlocking code is given to u within 24hrs. Have u tried contacting Bell?
bitznbytes
I'm Here A Lot

Not yet but am in the process. Would like to chat with you elsewhere on a reliable but cheap online unlocking service?
yeeunson
I've Been Around

Hi, I bought an Iphone from Rogers.

After I bought, I came to South Korea and I want to use it.

because my Iphone is locked, I can't use my phone.

how can I use it in my country? 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @yeeunson

Sadly Rogers can not unlock your device as you are not in Canada & the IMEI number is not connected to a Rogers Wireless account.

You can either go into a third party cellphone store & have them unlock it or check a online site which may offer it.