cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPhone Thread

mysticode
I've Been Around

Hi,

We'll be travelling to the Philippines for a few weeks shortly and I was wondering whether it is possible to get my iPhone 4 unlocked so that I can use it there with a local carrier?

Thanks

***edited labels***

499 REPLIES 499

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

aik1
I've Been Here Awhile

why roger not unlock  my i phone

and if i go to any shop they offer unlocking at high price and get done

what is the problem of rogers

why not support his customer

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello aik1

The policy is to wait 90 days to unlock your device is you get it with a contract. If you buy the phone outright, full price then they will have to unlock it immediately for you. The price Rogers asks is $50. Far less then some sites that unlock iPhones.

aik1
I've Been Here Awhile

how can i check imei before purchesh that imei is clean or lost stolen

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello aik1

If you buy the phone from a carrier or Apple, the phone will be clean BUT if u buy the phone from someone else, ask for the IMEI number and u can contact Apple and or Rogers and have them run the IMEI number on their data base and see if its reported stolen or lost.

drusor
I Plan to Stick Around

Factory unlocked Iphone is the phone which was unlocked by Apple before selling so it can be used with many different carriers in plenty of countries.

Since your iPhone 4 has been locked to rogers..You first verify that whether they are rendering service for your country and network provider ..If yes then pay for it and unlock your iPhone 4 the cost to unlock it depends on the network to which it is locked at present .......