cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPhone Thread

mysticode
I've Been Around

Hi,

We'll be travelling to the Philippines for a few weeks shortly and I was wondering whether it is possible to get my iPhone 4 unlocked so that I can use it there with a local carrier?

Thanks

***edited labels***

499 REPLIES 499

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

karman
I've Been Around

I am From Indian. Few Months Ago I bought an iPhone4 From Fy Friend. But Afterwards I Found that it was locked to Rogers Canada. Can I Unlock This Iphone??

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello karman

You can only unlock it via third party store or online. In order to unlock it via Rogers, you need to have a Rogers account and the IMEI number must be on the account

jc524
I've Been Here Awhile

I currently have an iPhone 4 under contract with Rogers. I've paid Rogers to have mine unlocked. My husband also has an iPhone 4, but his is locked. We're going to Hong Kong and were planning to buy two of the new iPhone 5S. Would it be possible to simply transfer the SIM cards from our existing phones into these new phones and continue with the Rogers service we currently have? We're a little clueless about all this.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jc24

The iPhone 5S uses a Nano Sim Card. You will need to buy the 2 new Nano Sim Cards and activate them to be used on the 5S. You can buy the nano sim cards from Rogers, keep them until you get to HK and then log into My Rogers - Overview - Change Sim. You add the current sim card number and then the new sim card number. It will automatically charge the sims on your account to the new one.

mophi
I've Been Around

@karman wrote:

I am From Indian. Few Months Ago I bought an iPhone4 From Fy Friend. But Afterwards I Found that it was locked to Rogers Canada. Can I Unlock This Iphone??

I will help you,

You can unlock your rogers locked iphone 4 with a help of your service provider. It's one of the best and safe way to unlock your iphone without jailbreaking.