Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karman
I've Been Around

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

I am From Indian. Few Months Ago I bought an iPhone4 From Fy Friend. But Afterwards I Found that it was locked to Rogers Canada. Can I Unlock This Iphone??

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello karman

You can only unlock it via third party store or online. In order to unlock it via Rogers, you need to have a Rogers account and the IMEI number must be on the account

jc524
I've Been Here Awhile

I currently have an iPhone 4 under contract with Rogers. I've paid Rogers to have mine unlocked. My husband also has an iPhone 4, but his is locked. We're going to Hong Kong and were planning to buy two of the new iPhone 5S. Would it be possible to simply transfer the SIM cards from our existing phones into these new phones and continue with the Rogers service we currently have? We're a little clueless about all this.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jc24

The iPhone 5S uses a Nano Sim Card. You will need to buy the 2 new Nano Sim Cards and activate them to be used on the 5S. You can buy the nano sim cards from Rogers, keep them until you get to HK and then log into My Rogers - Overview - Change Sim. You add the current sim card number and then the new sim card number. It will automatically charge the sims on your account to the new one.

mophi
I've Been Around

@karman wrote:

I am From Indian. Few Months Ago I bought an iPhone4 From Fy Friend. But Afterwards I Found that it was locked to Rogers Canada. Can I Unlock This Iphone??

I will help you,

You can unlock your rogers locked iphone 4 with a help of your service provider. It's one of the best and safe way to unlock your iphone without jailbreaking.

aik1
I've Been Here Awhile

why roger not unlock  my i phone

and if i go to any shop they offer unlocking at high price and get done

what is the problem of rogers

why not support his customer

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello aik1

The policy is to wait 90 days to unlock your device is you get it with a contract. If you buy the phone outright, full price then they will have to unlock it immediately for you. The price Rogers asks is $50. Far less then some sites that unlock iPhones.

aik1
I've Been Here Awhile

how can i check imei before purchesh that imei is clean or lost stolen

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello aik1

If you buy the phone from a carrier or Apple, the phone will be clean BUT if u buy the phone from someone else, ask for the IMEI number and u can contact Apple and or Rogers and have them run the IMEI number on their data base and see if its reported stolen or lost.

drusor
I Plan to Stick Around

Factory unlocked Iphone is the phone which was unlocked by Apple before selling so it can be used with many different carriers in plenty of countries.

Since your iPhone 4 has been locked to rogers..You first verify that whether they are rendering service for your country and network provider ..If yes then pay for it and unlock your iPhone 4 the cost to unlock it depends on the network to which it is locked at present .......