Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wadestevenson
I've Been Around

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

hello i live in canada.kelowna b.c. i was given a 3gs from a friend who got it from his brother who bought a new one when his plan expired and no longer needed the  3gs, what do i need to do or have in order to get it unlocked

(i phoned customer service waited 30 mins to talk to them after explaining i did not have an active acount  but had 3gs i wanted to unlock then as i was giving name of previous acount name for phone she said hello can you hear me read out a # for me to call back onthen hung up on me  but i didnt have pen to write it down aperently they could not hear me well)

so im hoping before i try this again i make sure i have all my dots in order:

ps dont mean to ramble just explaining my plight

any help and info would be apreciated

ty wade stevenson

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello wadestevenson

For the phone to be unlocked, it must be active on a Rogers wireless account. They may unlock it for u without one but its rare. Give them a call back and see.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello PRINCESAINI

You will need to contact Rogers via phone or at the Rogers store & have them unlock it for you. If the person who bought the phone for you bought it full price from the Rogers store, you can unlock it immediately for the price of $50.

If the person bought the phone from someone else ( Second hand use or new from someone else) you will need to have a Rogers active wireless account & the IMEI number MUST be on the account for 90 days in order to unlock it.

jimboden
I'm an Advisor

My landlady is going out of the country for several weeks and wants to unlock her iPhone. She's a Rogers customer and will be calling them about this. She's not particularly tech-oriented and has concerns about backing up her phone and not losing her data when she switches SIM cards. I suggested she use iTunes to back it up and restore when she gets back home, assuming she switches back to her original SIM card.

I personally haven't done this before so, if anyone has any pointers on what to do (or not do), please let me know. Also, I'm wondering if using RON on her laptop or iPhone might be useful when she's out of the country.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

even if stored on her sim (which the iphone doesnt do by default if i remember correctly)... she shouldnt have to do ANYTHING in terms of wiping/backing up.

As long as she gets it unlocked, should be able to just swap sim's, with no difference to the phone.

(as long as she gets a sim, for where she is, that supports the networks that work on rogers iphone, as some countries support different freqency ranges)

RoN is a good idea.. but will require her to be in a wifi enabled zone.. otherwise will use mobile data, which goes back to cheapest having a sim for that area again.

jimboden
I'm an Advisor

Gdkitty:

Thanks for the reply. That was very helpful, as usual. I'll pass it on.

Sanya-dk
I've Been Around

I want to unlock Iphone 4s. Who can help me and how much does it cost?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Sanya-dk

If you need a unlock code from Rogers, the device u have must be attached to a Rogers account. ( IMEI number must be on a Rogers wireless account) and or if u bought it full price.

The unlocking fee is $50 still from Rogers unless the lowered it but that can be discussed with the rep. Give them a call &see. This is the only way they can unlock your phone sadly.

parag
I'm Here A Lot

Hello friend

why roger  not unlock   my iphone      which is out right from third party .

even im ready to pay 50$ ther for not giveing service to customer

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello parag

That's the reason. You bought the phone outright from a third party person. In order for Rogers to unlock, like i have explained you will need to add the IMEI number on your Rogers wireless account and then have Rogers unlock it for you. That's how it works.