Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afxwinter
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Thanks for the reply!

So despite the fact that the iphone 4 is no longer active on my account (It's my new phone that is now active) I can go with him to a rogers location and get it unlocked without hassle?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello afxwinter

As long as the IMEI number is still on the account, you should be fine. Call Rogers and see if the IMEI number is still on the account. If it is, then you are all set. If its not, have them add it on the account. I am sure the IMEI is still on the account even tho u got a new phone. Call in and see!

ArnoldTrust88
I've Been Around

I live in Europe, but my uncle have sent me Rogers locked iphone as a present for a birthday. I found a source to unlock it (because of good feedbacks) and it cost $109, is there any way to do it less expensive in Europe? Thanx for any help !

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ArnoldTrust88

You will need to look around in your town or online and see which area near you can unlock it for a cheaper price.

velko
I've Been Around

Hi i am from Serbia and i have Iphone 4s and 
cantract is December 12, 2011 made... Can i unlock this phone by rogers but its not posible to bring phone to some store, is it posibe to do online?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello velko

Rogers doesn't unlock any Rogers locked phone unless its on a Rogers wireless account. The IMEI number must be on the Rogers wireless account and the account must be active. Sadly those are your options via Rogers.

You can look online or your city to see if someone can unlockit.

MrPannu
I've Been Around

RE: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Hi there
i recently got 5s from rogers , now i gonna travel to States, So i want to unlock my phone . I know rogers will charge 50$ for that. Just wondering if they can unlock it before 90 days , i can pay 3 month bill in advance ...... will they unlock my phone ??

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello MrPannu

Sadly now. The wait is 90 days and $50 for old customers. ( New customers its $35 affective as of December 2nd. You need to sign up after that date to get get the lower price)

Sadly this is up to Rogers but they most likely will not do it as they will tell u the policy is 90 days.

Hogwash
I'm a Senior Contributor

The law now ALSO says Rogers must unlock the phone immediately if you paid the full price for the phone.

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Hogwash

Yes but that law ONLY applies to the ones that bought a phone on or after December 2nd... Not before that.