cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPhone Thread

mysticode
I've Been Around

Hi,

We'll be travelling to the Philippines for a few weeks shortly and I was wondering whether it is possible to get my iPhone 4 unlocked so that I can use it there with a local carrier?

Thanks

***edited labels***

499 REPLIES 499

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

cybermaniac
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello, I have an iPhone 4 locked to Rogers Canada network. Would you be available to allow the possibility that it can unlock the factory default for all networks. Otherwise, I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina use BH Telecom network?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello cybermaniac

The only way Rogers can unlock the phone is if the IMEI number is on a Rogers wireless account & the account is active. Other then that, you can unlock it via jailbreaking the device or checking out a online website.

cybermaniac
I've Been Here Awhile

I bought a cell phone without the card, and how can we check to see if you can unlock I looked around the Internet by IMEA with rogers network?

Hi, there. I got a question about unlock iphone. I am one month away from finishing a 3 year contract with Rogers. And now I want to unlock my iphone 4 which I bought with the 3 year contract. Do I still have to pay for Rogers to  unlock it or it can be free? 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AresLin

You still have to pay the $50 to Rogers for them to unlock it for you. That is the policy. You can look around and see if anyone can unlock it for a cheap price.

jsalvacruz
I've Been Here Awhile

Is the unlocking done remotely or at a rogers store?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jsalvacruz

You can go into any Rogers plus store or call in. Its better doing it at the store tho. After the give you the unlocking, you will need to plug in your phone to iTunes and restore it for the unlock to be accepted. At times it will just tell you to plug into iTunes and it will work. All Roger does is send your IMEI number to Apples white list and it unless via iTunes when plugged in.

So both store or over the phone.

afxwinter
I've Been Here Awhile

I could really use some help.

I recently upgraded my iPhone 4 to a 5s and ended up selling my 4 to someone on Kijiji.

He's trying to get it unlocked since his provider is Bell but Rogers is telling him that I would need to add him to my account as someone who can make changes to it before they'd unlock the phone.

I don't feel comfortable doing this and was wondering if there's another way he can get it unlocked?

I don't mind authorizing the Rogers rep that he has permission to unlock my old phone however putting him on my account as someone who can make changes seems extreme to me.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello afxwinter

All you need to do is if the IMEI number of the iPhone 4 is on your account still for 90 days or more, you can go with him to any Rogers location and have them white list the iPhone. White list means the phone can be unlocked via iTunes when its plugged in and Apple will be notified about it. The white list is from Apple. So go with the buyer to a Rogers store and have them do it for u.

I would not suggest doing what the rep said. This can cause issues and fraud. Please do not follow what the rep told u..

afxwinter
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply!

So despite the fact that the iphone 4 is no longer active on my account (It's my new phone that is now active) I can go with him to a rogers location and get it unlocked without hassle?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello afxwinter

As long as the IMEI number is still on the account, you should be fine. Call Rogers and see if the IMEI number is still on the account. If it is, then you are all set. If its not, have them add it on the account. I am sure the IMEI is still on the account even tho u got a new phone. Call in and see!

I live in Europe, but my uncle have sent me Rogers locked iphone as a present for a birthday. I found a source to unlock it (because of good feedbacks) and it cost $109, is there any way to do it less expensive in Europe? Thanx for any help !

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ArnoldTrust88

You will need to look around in your town or online and see which area near you can unlock it for a cheaper price.

velko
I've Been Around

Hi i am from Serbia and i have Iphone 4s and 
cantract is December 12, 2011 made... Can i unlock this phone by rogers but its not posible to bring phone to some store, is it posibe to do online?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello velko

Rogers doesn't unlock any Rogers locked phone unless its on a Rogers wireless account. The IMEI number must be on the Rogers wireless account and the account must be active. Sadly those are your options via Rogers.

You can look online or your city to see if someone can unlockit.

RE: Unlocking iPhone Thread

MrPannu
I've Been Around

Hi there
i recently got 5s from rogers , now i gonna travel to States, So i want to unlock my phone . I know rogers will charge 50$ for that. Just wondering if they can unlock it before 90 days , i can pay 3 month bill in advance ...... will they unlock my phone ??

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello MrPannu

Sadly now. The wait is 90 days and $50 for old customers. ( New customers its $35 affective as of December 2nd. You need to sign up after that date to get get the lower price)

Sadly this is up to Rogers but they most likely will not do it as they will tell u the policy is 90 days.

Hogwash
I'm a Senior Contributor

The law now ALSO says Rogers must unlock the phone immediately if you paid the full price for the phone.

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Hogwash

Yes but that law ONLY applies to the ones that bought a phone on or after December 2nd... Not before that.

ruri
I Plan to Stick Around

question for meowmix,

if i buy an iphone 5c off someone on usedvictoria which is locked by Rogers, how can i get it unlocked? Does the device itself have to be older than 90 days before Rogers can unlock it?

Also if the iPhone 5c was to be used on Fido, does it need to be unlocked?

Thanks

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ruri

You will need to contact Rogers, have them add the IMEI number on yout account and then ask for it to be unlocked.

Yes it does. U will need to contact fido about that. U need a Fido account for it.