cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPhone Thread

mysticode
I've Been Around

Hi,

We'll be travelling to the Philippines for a few weeks shortly and I was wondering whether it is possible to get my iPhone 4 unlocked so that I can use it there with a local carrier?

Thanks

***edited labels***

499 REPLIES 499

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Hockey821

As explained on the phone, it doesn't natter if u bought it from someone else or from Rogers. Once the IMEI number is added on your account, it shows that u got a new device and starts counting down from then. Mind u this is what 2 reps and one manager told me. I called again. Now if they are all wrong, it goes beyond me.

Hockey821
I Plan to Stick Around

I escalated this issue to Office President and then I was able to do it......

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Hockey821

Good to hear. I guess u have to go to those lengths to do it. Glad to see u got it done tho

amaroPT
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

I have an iPhone that was purchased in Canada on Rogers. The mobile phone is no longer under warranty both Rogers and Apple.

However I had to come to Portugal and he keeps locked Rogers. Could you unlocked  by IMEI to be able to use it in my current country?

My contract with Rogers its over.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello amaroPT

Sadly the ONLY way you can unlock your phone at this point is to jailbreak it. ( Warning if u do not know how to jailbreak be careful) or unlock it via a third party cellphone store. In order to unlock it threw Rogers, you will need to have a active Rogers wireless account and have the IMEI number attached on the account.