cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPhone Thread

mysticode
I've Been Around

Hi,

We'll be travelling to the Philippines for a few weeks shortly and I was wondering whether it is possible to get my iPhone 4 unlocked so that I can use it there with a local carrier?

Thanks

***edited labels***

499 REPLIES 499

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello alaabasset

No this will not work. You can ONLY unlock it via Rogers if you bought the phone outright from Rogers OR have the phone attached on a montly plan with Rogers. Pay as you go will NOT work.

All in all, you can not do anything unless the phone is attached on a Rogers account meaning month to month or contract and if you bought the phone straight from Rogers.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Try calling around a few phone unlocking stores,  or going to the Fli markets on a weekend.   As an experiment, i called a few places and some of them actually do unloking without jail broking, its third party, but since its not jail breakin it wont re-lock if you re flash your phone softwar or do a restore.   you might want to call around and confirm with the actual retailers which ones do this and which ones do not, and make sure you specifically ask for permanent unlock not jail broken, and you should be aware of all risks involved and make sure you ask the retailers specifically what the risks are. 

pengaturan
I've Been Around

Hello i have iphone locked to rogers its finish contract i need to unlock now can anybody send the unlock form here.

Thanks

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello pengaturan

No one on here can give you a unlock code. You will need to visit the Rogers store OR call Rogers & they will be able to unlock it for you. The phone has to be on Apple's white list to be unlocked & only the carriers can do this.

The phone must be active on a Rogers wireless account. This is the only way it can be unlock via Rogers. It will cost you $50 as well.

Now you can go to a local fle market or cellphone store & see if they can unlock it BUT please be aware that you will lose all your warranty on the device this way. The risk of doing it this way be resort to this.

mbourget
I've Been Around

I have now had Rogers try to unlock my iphone4 twice, am in Florida..and the SIM cards from 2 US providers are not working. How can I confirm my phone is in fact unlocked.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mbourget

You will need to plug in the phone into ITunes. This way the phone will be unlocked. iTunes will need to set the phone to be unlocked & go on the white list. Try that & see if it works.

CInnamonxv
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm not sure if this has been covered on this thread but I have bought an iPhone 4 on ebay. I know that the unlocking policy has changed to 9 months and you pay $50 dollars. I do not own a rogers account, but am I still able to go to a rogers store and pay $50 to unlock? Assuming that the contract is over.. that is 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Cinnamonxv

The policy is 90 days. Not 9 months.. Also no you can not. The ONLY way you can unlock a phone is have the phone active on a Rogers wireless active line.

CInnamonxv
I've Been Here Awhile

Oh woops thats what I meant 90 days! Oh wow.. that sucks 😕 Okay thank you 🙂

Good afternoon. My name is Dennis, I recently acquired a black iPhone, which is locked only when your sim card. I would like to unlock my iPhone. Here is the information about it:

Model MD128C/A

iOS 6.1.3

**edited for content**

Den14ka

As you might have read throughout this thread.

You have to have this phone on a rogers account (and in many cases have to be the FIRST owner of the phone) to have it unlocked via rogers.

jolikparker
I've Been Around

Hi, i need unlock my iphone 4. 

**Edited for content**

here is some info...

DO NOT POST IMEI#

https://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Other-phone-manufacturers/Never-post-your-IMEI-number-on-the-web/td-p/36...

this is for your benefit.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jolikparker

If the phone is locked to Rogers & you are not in the country, then you either have to go to your local cellphone store & unlock it or jailbreak it. Must warn you tho some people tend not to know what they are doing or trying to scam so be careful where you go to unlock the device.

Rogers can NOT unlock your device unless you have a Rogers wireless account with them & the phone's IMEI number active on the account.

rabulafia
I've Been Here Awhile

Good Eveninig,

I have bought an iphone 5 via amazon.

Unfortunately, the IPHONE 5 is unlocked and it is from ROGERS carrier. I live in ARGENTINA and I am unable to send it back to US in order to refund me the money.

Is there any chance that the IMEI can be unblocked by ROGERS?

Thanks in advanced for the HELP you can give me.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Rabulafia

I would suggest taking your number out. People can spam call you & such. Please remove it.

Second if you live in Argentina, Rogers can NOT unlock it for you unless you have a active Rogers Wireless account & the IMEI number of the iPhone 5 is on the account.

Sadly your only options are to go to a cellphone store & unlock it.

rabulafia
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

Thank you for the quick response.

I can give you the IMEI of the phone and you can open an account if that will solve the problem.

Which store do you mean I can go and unlock it? Here in Argentina we do not have APPLE Store or similar.

I am asking your help because I was cheated by amazon & the iphone seller; please can you find out another path to help me?

Thanks in advanced

RA

Meowmix doesnt work for rogers.

Nor can anyone at rogers do anything.

You need to be here, to set up an account with rogers, they will need to get personal information, credit check, etc to be able to set it all up, etc.

As meowmix said, your better choice is to look at 3rd party ones.  In canada/US, there are sometimes stores which can do the unlocking (sometimes legaly, sometimes illegaly).  You might be able to find an online one, etc.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Rabulafia

No i will not do that. No one here will do that. Sadly you need to do that your self or if you have friends or family here, they may be able to do it for you.

Any cellphone store or stores that sell used phone. You can also check online & see which sites unlock iPhone 5.

rabulafia
I've Been Here Awhile

Meowmix,

Thanks again for the answer.

Let me figure this out: My iphone is LOCKED with ROGERS - I really want to understand what is the risk for the company to unlock it - as I am in Argentina and will never use it in CANADA.

Get my point? I can give you the IMEI and you can check that the iphone is LOCKED by ROGERS.

so, please can you HELP ME????

thanks

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rabulafia

IF you unlock it from any company or store you go too, all they will do is unlock the network settings so you can use the phone on the carrier you want it for. Make sure tho that the carrier you go with, has the same frequency as Rogers.