cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPhone Thread

mysticode
I've Been Around

Hi,

We'll be travelling to the Philippines for a few weeks shortly and I was wondering whether it is possible to get my iPhone 4 unlocked so that I can use it there with a local carrier?

Thanks

***edited labels***

499 REPLIES 499

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While rogers unlock policy is still $50, instead of 35 like telus's... rogers has now droped it to 90 days the same at telus. 

This is still better than alot of the others, which are still that the phone has to be paid off fully.

BTW, most of the US carriers.. are the same.. that you have to pay the phone off, before you can unluck it through them.  So bringing them here, wont really HELP that part of the equation.

lawliet53
I've Been Around

please answer me!

how i can unlock my iphone 4 (16gb)

i live in russia and i very want unlock my iphone!!!

Your answer lawliet53 would be the same as others have been explained here already.

If it is a rogers phone, rogers is the one that needs to unlock it.

If you are the owner of the phone you can contact them, and once you pay them the $50 they can send you the unlock code.

If you are not the original owner of the phone, you likely wont be able to do it, the original owner needs to do it.

THe only othe option would be 3rd party unlock sites.

tamilsarva
I've Been Here Awhile

@mysticode wrote:

Hi,

We'll be travelling to the Philippines for a few weeks shortly and I was wondering whether it is possible to get my iPhone 4 unlocked so that I can use it there with a local carrier?

Thanks

Which network you are using currently? If you want to use your iPhone 4  with Philippines, you need to unlock it from your current Netwok provider/using any kind of unlocking software/you can get Remote unlocking service from any of the third-party service providers to unlock  it. After unlocking your iPhone 4 , you can use use it with local carriers in Philippines and any other GSM networks.

**Edited for content**

bumtab
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello guys

I have iphone 5 locked on ROGERS network

I wanna unlock factory

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bumtab

Where do you live? Are you the first owner of the phone? Are you on a monthly plan or on Rogers with a current account?

We need more then what u posted to help.

bumtab
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello brother

sorry for late

Where do you live?

I'm living on SaudiArabia

Are you the first owner of the phone?

No,I'm not

Are you on a monthly plan or on Rogers with a current account?

I'm on  Rogers with a current account

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bumtab.

Sadly you will not be able to unlock it via Rogers unless you are the first owner OR have a account with Rogers and the phone is on the account

bumtab
I've Been Here Awhile

If I said for the owner unlock but How much does it cost for unlock ?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bumtab

the owner MUST be active on a Rogers line / account in order to unlock it. If that person has a Rogers wireless account & has the IMEI number on that account, it will cost $50 after 90 days of the phone buying bought on the account.

pvhuynh
I've Been Here Awhile

@vincent0823 wrote:

HI everyone, i just called rogers to unlock my phone couple weeks ago. They send the e-mail telling me to restore the phone first and it will be unlocked. However, i am now back in my country. But after i put on the local carrier's sim card  it's still not working.  Can anyone tell me which step i did wrong? Thanks so much!!

Try doing the restore with your original Rogers SIM card in the phone in this order :
- power off phone.
- put the Rogers SIM card in.
- turn on phone.
- do the iTunes restore.
- power off phone.
- put local carrier's SIM card in.
- power on phone.

bumtab
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello brother again

I can't communicated with the first owner

Can I pay left amount to unlock it Smiley Indifferent

Nope, as its not on a Rogers plan.

At this point you would be best to look for a 3rd party unlocking site

vinay12
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello,

My uncle live in Canada and he make me a gift iPhone 4, but he's locked to Rogers. I live in Europe and now this iPhone is useless, please tell me how can I unlock my iPhone 4?

Thank you!

Use Remote unlocking method to unlock your iPhone 4 locked to rogers canada. It  is more secure than other unlocking methods. It doesn't requires jailbreaking. 

haniram
I've Been Around

@mysticode wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Yes,It's possible.

If you need iphone 4 unlocking service visit Wickedunlock.com  Here you can unlock your iphone using Remote unlocking method.It'sone of the best and safe  way to unlock your iphone without jailbreaking.I hope it will be very useful to you.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

just be sure to ask the store all the risks involved with unlocking, its ultimately up to the phone owner to ask these questions to any store/merchant he conducts business with

alaabasset
I've Been Here Awhile

I want to unlock my iPhone 4s, is there an official way?? and how much it'll cost?? and how long it'll take??

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello alaabasset

This has been asked many times on here. If you search the forums, you will see how to do it.

Anyways if this is a Rogers iPhone 4S and you havr the phone on a Rogers account, you can unlock it via Rogers for $50. This is the only official way you can unlock it. Contact Rogers and see what they can do.

If this is NOT a Rogers phone, then you will need to have that phone on the carrier its with and unlock it officially with them.

alaabasset
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you, but now am in Egypt and i cant find any e-mail to contact the network, only the customer service number which is undiable from my country 😐

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello alaabasset

Sadly Rogers stopped the emails. They only provide service vis phone calls and online via the Rogers Live Chat.

Are you still with Rogers but just visiting Egypt? If so, just wait until you come back. IF you live in Egypt and have a Rogers locked phone, then you are out of luck. The phone must be attached on a Rogers account to be unlocked from them.

alaabasset
I've Been Here Awhile

Well, so if someone can send me an activated rogers sim card on pay as you go -for example- and then i attach it to my iphone, then call them to unlock it, will this work??