Unlocking iPhone Thread

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SUJSHAH
I've Been Around

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

i have I phone 4g. i wnn unlock it. how i unlock it?  

gkrivdyuk
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers always needs money, you money.  

Look around. In other countries you can by a phone with 3 deferent providers together and switch them how do you want.

There is no future for company as Rogers with all this locking, charging and “service”

pashoni
I'm Here A Lot

I just can't beleive this.

They're now offering iPhone 4S for 0$ on a 3 year contract and yet they want me to pay 350$ or so after 2 years contract done (on 3 year plan)  for unlocking iPhone 4 (even through I have bought iPhone 4S earlier this year). 

This is ridiculous and they don't care about customers at all.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pashoni
They (and most companies) charge $50 to unlock (I won't go I to the rights and wrongs of them doing this)

To unlock the phone, the contract or hardware subsidy on it, must be fully paid off, that is likely where the rest of the 300 is potentially coming from.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

SO Rogers is changing their policy for unlocking the device. The same old policy is still in affect BUT you are able to unlock the device 90 days AFTER activating the device on the Rogers network.

Source: http://redboard.rogers.com/2013/how-to-unlock-your-phone-with-rogers/

pashoni
I'm Here A Lot

Do you know how this would affect the users who gave away their cell phones?

To be more specific, here is the thing: I bought my phone at Rogers, and after purchasing new phone I gave away the first one as a gift. The person who owns that phone now is living outside Canada.

Is it posible for me to unlock that phone without actualy bringing the phone to Rogers and only paying the 50$+ amount?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello pashoni

You need the phone with you & the phone being on your account active. IMEI must be on a Rogers account in order for the unlocking to happen.

pashoni
I'm Here A Lot

Currently the phone is out of the country and IMEI is on a Rogers account. 

Does that mean that this unlocking process could not be done remotely?

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

@pashoni just having the imei is probably enough. You should call rogers and try to unlock it. I mean they aren't at your house to see you have the actual phone in your hand.. (Now the phone being out of the country seems pretty useless Thats the part I don't understand..)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Exactly what Chris said.

The IMEI just needs to be on the account. Call Rogers to confirm tho because sometimes the reps make it more difficult to do this!.