cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPhone Thread

mysticode
I've Been Around

Hi,

We'll be travelling to the Philippines for a few weeks shortly and I was wondering whether it is possible to get my iPhone 4 unlocked so that I can use it there with a local carrier?

Thanks

***edited labels***

499 REPLIES 499

Re: Unlocking iPhone Thread

rapsket
I've Been Around

I am moving permanently overseas and am wondering if Rogers would be able to unlock my 4s for me, despite having time on my contract left. 

junem2106
I've Been Here Awhile

i also contacted Rogers about unlocking my two older iphones. explaining i would like to pass them on to family. well i got absolutely NO WHERE with customer service. She told me to try contacting the rogers store(retail) and then when we did they told us they didn't do it, to contact a cell phone repair they could probably do it.....of course when contacting them , we were told the 3GS would be simple $30.00 or so. The 4G was totally different, was REALLY NOT EVEN WORTH HIS TIME.... 

Hi rapsket,

Your question has been answered here:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Apple_Devices/message-id/3639#M3...

Rogers_Kate

PRINCESAINI
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi ....
My name is prince and i am from India (Punjab) .. i brought iphone 4 from Canada (Rogers) which is unlucky lock with rogers Canada ... i saw your Ad on toronto.en.craigslist.ca i want to unlock my device version of my iphone 4 5.1.1(9B208)
and modem firmware 04.12.01 plz help me as soon as possible thanku very much
Prince

michelsohn
I've Been Around

Hi

I have used Iphone GS 16 GB and carrier is Rogers. The former owner ( distant relative) was a client but he bought a new one and gave the old  to me but it*s locked. I´m not sure that the contract between Rogers Canada and former owner is mature (2+ years).

I want this phone to use it outside Rogers in a different country ( Estonia).

What can I do to unlock it legally?

Model: MB715LL

Carrier: Rogers 13.1

Thank you

On Nov 29, I conducted a call with Lynn (Ref: 1*******9) for approximately 1 hr and 12 mins in duration; due to a contract dispute, I was left with the only option to cancel my Rogers Wireless (and Cable and Internet) account, effective as of Dec 29, 2012.  Lynn then advised me that I could have my device unlocked via the Unlocking department and proceeded  with transferring me appropriately.  As the call was dropped, I am now calling back to have this process completed, however, am now being told that I cannot proceed with unlocking my device until after Dec 29.  I have agreed to pay the cancellation fee as well as an unlocking fee.

>> Why am I now being told I cannot proceed with the unlocking process, despite the Rogers manager having proceeded with transferring me on Nov 29?

>> Why am I being communciated conflicting information, which, ultimately, displays the degree of consistency and proficiency that Rogers' customer service department has shown over the course of this process?  Trust, as the ultimate reason for entering any long term contract, is being eroded by the minute here, after 11 years of patronage.

katchinskiy
I've Been Around

Rogers won't unlock your phone, unless you completed your contract, or purchased a new phone through them.

I tried to talk to the highest managment position, and nothing helped. 

I am very frustrated.

*** Switch to Telus! , According to Telus website, they will unlock your iPhone for $50, after 3 months of use.

Why Rogers don't change their rules, to be in line with other companies in Canada? 

This doesn't make any sense. And shows how Rogers don't care about their customers! They only want their money, instead of giving fair and equal service!

I have been Rogers customer for 5 years now, and as soon as I end my contruct, I will switch out of rogers!

On a daily basis, I recommend friends, and people to NOT go with Rogers for this reason!

Too bad Rogers! I am extremely dissapointed. 

Actualy tellus only recently has changed to that way, by my understanding (they just started last year, and only iphone just recently this year, i beleive)

They are one of the only ones that does it that way. Bell is the exact same as rogers.. i beleive bell charges more for some like the iphone (75 instead of 50, last i read)

Mudo
I've Been Around

Hello everyone.

Sorry but me english is very bad. i buy a iphone 4 in Germany with a Rogers Canada Lock. The iphone is now older then 2 Years. Can please tell me everyone how i can unlock now this iphone ? Please Help me and sorry for me bad english

feddog
I've Been Around

Hello everyone.

I am Tunisian and I bought these last days an Iphone 4 from a person that did not mentioned that it was locked, by doing some research on the net I discovered that the phone was Rogers blocked and that the contract from its IMEI has expired, so I want to know if it is possible to unlock and how to do it.Knowing that in Tunisia we do not have a credit card to purchase an unlock code. thank you

joeycellular
I've Been Around

how can i get in contact with rogers to unlock my iphone?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello joeycellular

It depends if you live in Canada. If you live in Canada, you can contact them via your cellphone. Just dial *611. You can also contact them via phone number # 1-888-764-3771

Hi, I live in Cancun, Mexico .. I have an Iphone 4 ROGERS, gift of a person for whom I worked ... What is the method to unlock and be able to use a carrier of my country? Thanks for your attention

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello villalobos2k1

Rogers will ONLY unlock the phone if you are the first owner of the phone. This means Rogers will not unlock the phone for you unless you give the phone to the first owner & he adds the phone on his / her Rogers account.

villalobos2k1
I've Been Here Awhile

Then it means that I have a cute ipod! Well, after all it was a gift, so not bad

fmalik87
I'm Here A Lot

Hi Rogers team & members,

I have Iphone 4S, bought from canada, carrier rogers. now i am pakistan for field job.

when i am swtich On Iphone . first step is show the select launage , second is , select country, third is show two option activate cellular sim or Wi-fi. i have using both option, but could n't activate my iphone 4s.

Kindly help me, how activate ,

Rogers team i am very thanks ful 4 u, pls unlock my iphone 4s.

required any clarification PM me

Thanks

macemel
I've Been Around

BILL C-343

HOUSE OF COMMONS OF CANADA

It is legal to unlock cell phones in Canada. As your contract ends with your carrier, the cell phone is now your property and upon your request to your carrier, they have to unlock your cell phone free of charge to the customer. Now you may use this with another carrier! This is LAW !!!

Also, if you buy you cell phone out right from your carrier at the beginning of your contract, same applies, they have to unlock it free of charge to the customer at your request. You need to request this, otherwise they will try to charge you.

The Law is ' Bill C-343 ' (House of Commons of Canada), Here is the link:

http://parl.gc.ca/content/hoc/Bills/411/Private/C-343/C-343_1/C-343_1.PDF

"Removal on

expiration of

service contract

SERVICE CONTRACTS

If a consumer purchases a cellular telephone

from a provider at a discounted price as a

condition of entering into a service contract for

the telephone with the provider, the provider

must, on the request of the consumer at any time

after the service contract has expired, remove

free of charge any network lock that has been

applied to the telephone.

Removal on

request

If a consumer purchases a cellular telephone

from a provider without entering into a

service contract of at least six months in

duration with the provider or if the consumer

pays the total cost of the telephone handset

before taking possession of it, the provider

must, on the request of the consumer at any time

after the purchase, remove free of charge any

network lock that has been applied to the

telephone.

Same as here, my friend bought iphone4S from canada carrier rogers. but he purchase net amount . so he gifted me, so now i am owner of the iphone 4s. so how add the phone on my rogers account. can you tell me .

Thanks for ur information.

i am waiting for your response.

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

@fmalik87 you just put in your sim card and you can use the phone.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Chris is right, you would be able to just put your own sim card in, with a plan (or pay as you go) and be able to use the phone, as long as its a rogers card/plan.
As for unlocking it, you wouldnt be able to do it as you are not the original owner of the phone.

@ Chris . Thanks for msg..

my new phone put sim in card just show first step is select language, second step is select country , 3rd have two option activate with cellular Sim or Wi-fi. but can't activate. now i am pakistan , for field engineering job. so can't activate my phone with unlocking. so how first unlock my iphone.??