Unlocking Rogers iPhone 5S

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Unlocking Rogers iPhone 5S

Hello @RogersAliciaG

Thank you for that :). Appreciate your help!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am about to buy an Iphone 5s locked to Rogers do I need the buyers SIM to unlock it

My friend is about to sell me an Iphone 5s that is locked to Rogers but I am with WIND. Will I be able to just take the phone to Rogers and get it unlocked there or would he have to do that himself. Like will I need his SIM card or anything or will i be able to bring the phone by itself.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @princemontana6

If your friend has a Rogers account and is currently using it on Rogers, they can contact Rogers and have them unlock the device for $50.

However if you take the device, then you must have a Rogers wireless account and the device IMEI number must be activated on the account for 90 days.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @princemontana6

If your friend has a Rogers account and is currently using it on Rogers, they can contact Rogers and have them unlock the device for $50.

However if you take the device, then you must have a Rogers wireless account and the device IMEI number must be activated on the account for 90 days.

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @princemontana6

So the $50 will be added on to his next bill? There is no way I can take the phone and pay the $50 for the unlock at a Rogers store myself?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @princemontana6

No unfortunately you can't unless you have a Rogers wireless account and the IMEI number of that device has been been on the account for 90 days. Sadly this goes for all carriers not just Rogers.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@princemontana6 wrote:

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @princemontana6

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @princemontana6

So the $50 will be added on to his next bill? There is no way I can take the phone and pay the $50 for the unlock at a Rogers store myself?

Yes, it'll be added to his next bill but you can offer him to pay it 😃

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @TwitchyPuppy

That is correct OR you can pay it upfront via credit card :). Most reps just charge it on the invoice but some will allow it to be charged on a CC during the unlocking. :).
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @TwitchyPuppy

That is correct OR you can pay it upfront via credit card :). Most reps just charge it on the invoice but some will allow it to be charged on a CC during the unlocking. :).

You can but not if the original owner does it (I doubt Rogers would unlock a phone but charge someone else's card). That's why I said that, because it was relevant to the previous post.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @TwitchyPuppy

I have used my girlfriend's card to unlock my blackberry passport and the device was on my name. The name on the card means nothing. They don't have to have the same name that is on the account.

So is friend that had the Rogers account is able to get it unlocked and have a choice to either charge a CC to unlocking fee or have it on their invoice. Once again it depends on the reps. I was able to unlock my device and pay it upfront on my girlfriend's card which had a different name and last name. Most reps rather do it On the invoice though.

Anyways at the end of the day, his friend is the only one that can unlock the device unless they open a Rogers account for 90 days and have Rogers unlock it after. The $50 charge will 80% go on the invoice but again a small chance like mine is to get it changed on a CC ( Doesn't matter what name the CC Is on).