Unlocked iPhone 3 and existing Pay as You go account?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Unlocked iPhone 3 and existing Pay as You go account?

I just upgraded my Bell iPhone for work, and thus have as spare iPhone 3G. My husband has a very old Nokia on a Pay-as-you Go account with a credit of over $350 on it. If I get the iPhone unlocked from Bell, can he use it for his existing Pay-as-you-go account? He doesn't need cellular data, just phone and text. If this works, what do I have to do?

Many thanks!

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Unlocked iPhone 3 and existing Pay as You go account?

Hello reszes

As long as the Bell iPhone is unlocked and you get a Rogers sim card, everything will be fine. It will work without any issues. Get him to unlock the phone and register a pay as you go Rogers sim. Then add the sim into the phone. You are set:)
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the quick reply - just to confirm, he should be able to continue with the same Pay-as-you go number and keep his $350 balance for the iPhone?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello reszes

You are welcome!.

Yes that is correct. Nothing wil change. You are only adding a new phone in which Rogers will not or do anything.