Unlocked AT&T Phone - Data will not work

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Unlocked AT&T Phone - Data will not work

I recently bought an unlocked LG Optimus G E970 and when I put my sim card in, everything worked fine other than the data. I asked in the rogers store before purchasing the phone and was told that I would not run in to any problem. Any ideas what it could be? Is there anything special that I was supposed to do in order to get the data working?

***Edited Labels.***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Unlocked AT&T Phone - Data will not work

Hello aliciaamac

Have you put the right Rogers APN settings into the phone? Sometimes this will cause it. Also have you gone to a Rogers store to see if they are able to fix it?
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

What are APN setting? I was fooling with that section in the settings but wasn't completely sure what I was doing... I don't know too much about this kind of stuff unfortunetely. I am going to head to the rogers store tonight if I cannot get it sorted out but figured I would ask on here first. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello aliciaamac

APN settings are settings you input into the phone to access the Internet and let you browse the Internet and such.

Go into Settings - mobile settings - APN - check if the APN settings are Rogers or not.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Do I want rogeters LTE, GSM, or WCDMA?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello aliciaamac

Rogers LTE would be the one.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Unfortunately, that still did not work. Thanks for the advice though! I may just have to bring it in.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello aliciaamac

Yea best bet at this point is to take it in and see what they can do. You are welcome and sorry i couldn't be more helpful