Unlock a very old nokia gsm phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Unlock a very old nokia gsm phone

I have an old nokia 6086 phone, purchased in 2008, so it's out of subsidy long time ago...

Do I still need to pay 50$ to unlock this phone? the phone costs much less and I want to give it to my father who is not interested in smartphones.

Thanks!

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Unlock a very old nokia gsm phone

Hi @jgmc,

A hardware issue will prevent us from unlocking your device. We apologize for the inconvenience. We maintain a database of device unlock codes to support the requests of our customers. Devices carried prior to 2009 have been removed from our database as part of our hardware discontinuation process, resulting in us not being able to provide unlock codes on these particular wireless devices.

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jgmc

Unfortunately yes you would need to lay the $50 unlocking fee to unlock your device by Rogers. This rule was set by the CRTC.

I would check around and see if you can get it any cheaper.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks!
Highlighted

Hi @jgmc,

A hardware issue will prevent us from unlocking your device. We apologize for the inconvenience. We maintain a database of device unlock codes to support the requests of our customers. Devices carried prior to 2009 have been removed from our database as part of our hardware discontinuation process, resulting in us not being able to provide unlock codes on these particular wireless devices.

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RogersCorey

Ahh I never knew that! Thank you for letting us know :).