Unlock Rockethub?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Unlock Rockethub?

Does anyone know how to unlock a Rogers Rockethub?

I have two, both Netcomms, a 3G10WVR2 and a 3G10WVR. Both fully paid for and both no longer required. I would like to sell them.

Thanks

George

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Unlock Rockethub?

Hey, just wanted to share with anyone who may have questions about the unlocking policy. Wireless devices that are capable of being unlocked include phones, smartphones, tablets, Rocket Hubs, Rocket Sticks, Rocket Mobile Hotspots, and Wireless Home Phone devices. Devices that are sold unlocked (e.g. iPads and Nexus phones/tablets) do not need unlocking.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If its anything like the cellphones.. you might have a bit of work, to get it unlocked..

On a cellphone, you need to have it on the account.. to be able to unlock it.  So.. you might have to switch devices.. from a current one, to that one, enough to unlock it, then go back etc.
Thats assuming you still have a rocket hub... otherwise would have to add a new account, to be able to add the device to.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you.

Still hoping for any other opinions/advice ...

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This section of the forum doesnt have alot of visitors 😞

Have you actually called them, to see what they say?

I know my boss got a USB stick one from a friend a while back.. and had real issues to get it unlocked.  Had to give it back to his friend, to add to his account temporarily to get it unlocked, before giving it back.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have a 3G27WV rocket hub that has a broken externa antenna. could I purchase yours and just put my rogers card in it. I'm not relly techy on this

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yea as long as its a rogers unit, you should just be able to swap the SIM cards.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

There is something called DC unlocker that can be useful for unlocking these sorts of devices.  But it isn't free.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey, just wanted to share with anyone who may have questions about the unlocking policy. Wireless devices that are capable of being unlocked include phones, smartphones, tablets, Rocket Hubs, Rocket Sticks, Rocket Mobile Hotspots, and Wireless Home Phone devices. Devices that are sold unlocked (e.g. iPads and Nexus phones/tablets) do not need unlocking.

View solution in original post